Hi,

Im planning on getting a few racking things, rack tuner, Graphic EQ, and a TC g major, but i was wondering if you can use the G-switch (normally used with the G-sharp) with the G-major, or do you have to use the MIDI one that normally goes with the major (the g minor) ?

Cheers
Quote by vitchb
Hi,

Im planning on getting a few racking things, rack tuner, Graphic EQ, and a TC g major, but i was wondering if you can use the G-switch (normally used with the G-sharp) with the G-major, or do you have to use the MIDI one that normally goes with the major (the g minor) ?

Cheers

Any MIDI floorboard will do fine.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Any controller that can send midi program changes can control the G-Major. Im using my XT live to control mine.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Well the G-switch wasnt a MIDI switch, just had a normal TRS jack, but you could use MIDI switchers for the G-sharp.
The Gmajor seems similar, it has the MIDI I/O but it also has the same TRS external switch input too, so can i use the g-switch, which isnt MIDI connected with the gmajor?
I've not ever heard of anyone ever trying to use a G-switch with the G-Major, but I think this is mostly because it's way easy to just control it via Midi.

The G-Sharp is certainly a more entry level unit, and I think that TC designed it to be more user friendly as far as external control is concerned. The G-Major is really more for people with some experience dealing with Midi and rack rigs in general. As such, the "easy way in" regarding external control wasn't really a concern that went into the design of the G-Major.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Wells the controls are similar, i just wanted to know if i can use the G-switch because the G-minor is more expensive and a circle which is freaking stupid as it wont slot in with the rest of my pedals on my board.
You can use every Midifloorboard you want. Even MultiFX units that are able to send and recieve mididata. Just get something like this: Behringer FCB

Or if you want something cheaper, search for MultiFX that are midiable.
Gear:
Ibanez SZ320 -> Höfner Analouge Delay -> MXR GT-OD -> Laney GH50L -> T.C.Electronics GMajor -> Line6 4x12 w/ Celestion G12T-75

My Lyrics and Poems

"with golden hair and perfect eyes,

with hollow words and empty lies."
Last edited by OrangeWalls at Jan 6, 2009,
Hmm, the Behringer is probably too big to fit on my board unfortunately
Something that needs to be considered is that most Midi capable rack equipment is not pedalboard friendly (unless, of course, that pedalboard is a Midi controller). Traditional stompboxes can certainly be rack friendly, but the gear necessary to adequately incorporate everything can be rather expensive. Fortunately it's not nearly as expensive as it used to be. Rocktron has some stuff that will get your foot in the door.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Rocktron-Patchmate-Loop-8-MIDI-Switcher?sku=152020
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Rocktron-MIDI-Mate-MIDI-Controller-?sku=150139
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Right the G switch will not work in the socket you mention. This is the relay socket which is used for switching external equipment in place of their footpedals, basically amp channel switching.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Quote by halikus
Right the G switch will not work in the socket you mention. This is the relay socket which is used for switching external equipment in place of their footpedals, basically amp channel switching.

Ahh ok thanks I guess ill just get the G Minor, i used to have the G-Sharp, effects were very good but id like the convenience of having more effects simultaneously, and the luxury of a tuner, noisegate and compressor