Anyone know of any? I'm not looking for some over the top synth-scape, but rather something that can just fill the air with sound... ideas?

Thanks a lot!
I just got a line 6 echo park and the swell feature is really nice for this. its very dreamy sounding especially with trails on so its just fades off.
frog_friend and WGP: UG's Kramer brotherhood

Ug's 4th ENGL endorser
Randy Rhoads is god
founder of the "ENGL amps" fanclub. PM me to join
Quote by starsnostars
Quote by joe124
I heart god speed you! black emporer

not enough to spell their name right.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

TREMOLO PICKING CRESCENDO CZAR σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Delay with tons of repeat and time sounds pretty cool. I was messing with the onboard effects on that new bogner alchemist, and got some awesome sounds.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
i believe you might be thinking about a sort of phaser effect

look at the PH-3 by boss, it alllows you to make it more wispy than thick and liquidy

also, a good chorus set right can give you that same effect
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Guitar>Chorus>Volume>Delay>Delay>Delay>Delay>Delay>Delay....>Amp

Maybe a phaser, fuzz, wah, e-bow, or overdrive.
Please don't assume I care enough about your guitar rig, your general thoughts on life, the funny things people have said about you, or anything else not related to the topic at hand to have the view signatures option turned on. I don't.
i would say some sort of digital reverb might be your best bet. something that you can set the wet/dry mix to almost completly wet so it just sounds really airy with almost no attack. ive found the line 6 verbzilla does this quite nicely.
Quote by jof1029
i would say some sort of digital reverb might be your best bet. something that you can set the wet/dry mix to almost completly wet so it just sounds really airy with almost no attack. ive found the line 6 verbzilla does this quite nicely.

Beaten to it.

Visual Sound H2O also comes to mind.
I use my Carbon Copy for that. Set it to where it's repeating notes really quick so that you can't really tell it's delay...sounds good to my ear.
Quote by Thunderpants

+1.

Everything you need to know I wrote on the second page.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com