does anyone know a place where you can get it in canada more specificaly ontario

sorry if my spelling sucks
Quote by steven seagull
Everytime you feel your attention waning go the mirror and say outloud to yourself...
"I am Rockasaurus Sex...I have the most awesome username in existence and I will ROCK!"
I heard you can only get in BC and it's only commonly found in the more popular bars around whistler and other nightly hot spots. but i dont know, im sure you could find some if you look around in downtown areas. If it's illegal then it's probably easy to find if you can find yourself a good drug dealer who knows someone who knows someone else (you catch my drift).

actually if you cant find it here in ontario, you could probably try quebec, depending how far you are from the border (30mins to Hull for me! ), i have a friend who's lived in several places in quebec and says alot of the more grungy old-style bars are owned by the hells angels, they're probably deathly scary to talk to but probably wont deny you business. i know a guy who stpped in to a bar owned by the hells angels and they offering a free round of drinks with the purchase of 3 grams of more of weed and/or any amount of coke lol, true story! so apprently theyre quite the deal makers, idk just saying lol. but actually maybe you should try also looking if you could get it on the internet, could make things easier, but idk if you could find some or not.
Last edited by metalblaster at Jan 6, 2009,
I believe it's only legal in some countries in eastern europe and spain (for some reason), nowhere else. The one you get in other countries is not really absynthe, it does not have the hallucinogenic property (which I believe it's what you're aiming for). I've tried it and to be honest I did not like it, it's like drinking moutwash with lots of alcohol in it, technically it feels like it burns your tongue when you drink it.
Beau, oui, comme Bowie
Last edited by TaV0 at Jan 6, 2009,
get it sent to you...

Its not illegal there

Tell me why I had to be a powerslave
I dont wanna die, Im a god, why cant I live on?
When the life giver dies, all around is laid to waste.
And in my last hour,
Im a slave to the power of death

Member Of The Jagermeister Fan Club
If you can't spell it, you can't drink it.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by rabidguitarist

no need to be a **** mate.

I have seen it in tesco, but I presume thats the weak stuff. I am not much of a drinker, but my friends have tried it and they seemed to have a good time.
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
Quote by soccermom
no need to be a **** mate.

I have seen it in tesco, but I presume thats the weak stuff. I am not much of a drinker, but my friends have tried it and they seemed to have a good time.

The bollocks in Tesco is about 45%, and ridiculously expensive.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by TaV0
I believe it's only legal in some countries in eastern europe and spain (for some reason), nowhere else. The one you get in other countries is not really absynthe, it does not have the hallucinogenic property (which I believe it's what you're aiming for). I've tried it and to be honest I did not like it, it's like drinking moutwash with lots of alcohol in it, technically it feels like it burns your tongue when you drink it.

It's legal in Portugal thank you very much, and no longer in Spain FYI, though it's very easy to find at bars (the stuff in souvenir stores is fake).
i've only had that shady stuff that you can get in England, never the good stuff. still though, if it gets you drunk its fine by me.
My friend had some 80% stuff from China at a party we had... imagine liquorice but disgusting and you've got the taste.

I'd say it's really not worth going to the effort for. If you wanna get drunk, buy some beer. If you wanna trip get some acid.
don't let the forest grow over the path you came here by
Quote by MiG_853
It's legal in Portugal thank you very much, and no longer in Spain FYI, though it's very easy to find at bars (the stuff in souvenir stores is fake).

Sorry mate, I stand corrected. Anyway, I do not recommend drinking that stuff, it's fecking awful! But once again, that's just my opinion.
Beau, oui, comme Bowie
Quote by rabidguitarist

After reading the OP, I wanted to say:

"If you can't punctuate and capitalize, you probably aren't old enough to handle absinthe.."

But you just had to go and ruin my fun, didn't you?

Anyway +1 to you and this is not being a d*ck like someone oh-so-elaborately pointed out. It's being a d*ck on purpose which actually falls under the category of tender Internet mocking

Have a nice day, y'all!
Quote by RoamingConflict
This one dream involved me, one random girl, midgets and a pie.

...and midgets ended up f*cking her. I got the pie.

Here in Spain we can even choose, we have 50, 60, 70 and 80% (though most places only sell 60 and 70%). I don't know if it's legal or not, but almost everywhere I've been I've had a couple of shots (or even glasses) of absinthe and no problems for getting it.

I don't know, I like it. Especially with water after the shot, it's much better
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby