I've tried wiping it off with a cloth and scrubbing it but my gold pickups covers dont seem to get clean anymore.

My grover tuners on my guitar are a little dirty but not as bad as the pickups.

**What should I use to clean my pickup covers and my other gold hardware?
chances are they're electroplated. the gold is probably wearing off, so you get a tarnished look even though you've cleaned them.
It's so crazy in here you're gonna wish it wasn't so crazy in here!

1995 PRS CE
Fender 50s Classic Player strat
Johnson Millenium 150
Boss GT-6
Quote by Cleared
chances are they're electroplated. the gold is probably wearing off, so you get a tarnished look even though you've cleaned them.

the gold is wearing off, but I don't get why the scum (or whatever it is) won't come off no matter what i do.
Pic?
It's so crazy in here you're gonna wish it wasn't so crazy in here!

1995 PRS CE
Fender 50s Classic Player strat
Johnson Millenium 150
Boss GT-6
This is why I hate gold hardware. I'm thinking the 'scum' is where the gold is coming off and the nickle under it is tarnished. Cleaning it is only making it worse, methinks.

Try some Mothers Mag and Aluminum Polish. Be careful, though, because if you use too much, it'll take that gold right off.
Quote by Invader Jim
This is why I hate gold hardware. I'm thinking the 'scum' is where the gold is coming off and the nickle under it is tarnished. Cleaning it is only making it worse, methinks.

Try some Mothers Mag and Aluminum Polish. Be careful, though, because if you use too much, it'll take that gold right off.

wow its the all famous Invader Jim!!
Its an honor to have you post!

I tryed a little lem oil, and it helped a little.

I dont have any aluminum polsih on hand. darn!
Lem oil is mainly just for conditioning oily woods (like rosewood). Citrus oil, though...

Anyway, do you have any carnauba wax? I use Mothers brand of that also. It has a little bit of polish in it. Works great on lacquered woods, plastics, and lightly soiled metals.
Quote by kingpenguin
<s>cillit bang</s>

what?*reported*

Anyway, on topic: Yeah, Citrus oil sounds good.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
what?*reported*

Anyway, on topic: Yeah, Citrus oil sounds good.

why would that be? I'll assume you dont have cillit bang in america...

seriously though, if its tarnished, then something like http://www.cillitbang.co.uk/ would probably work, however if its the gold coming off and showing whatevers underneath, it would probably take the rest of the gold off.