So I've been playing guitar for over 5 years now and I'm still obsessed!

I want to get into the luthier part of it.

Where do I start?

Sould I start with basic setups?

If so what basic equipment do I need to buy?
The 'luthier part of it' is building and repairing stringed instruments

basic set ups is a guitar techs work

if you wanner be a luthier, then start building guitars

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by Absent Mind

if you wanner be a luthier, then start learning about building guitars

Fixed

Then, start building them
^ its not rocket science
Boxing Kangaroo Of The Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only.
i hate these threads because there's like 10000 of them, and it just goes to show that the only people that want to be luthiers are lazy teenagers who dont feel like going to college and smoke too much marijuana.
Quote by LP Addict
i hate these threads because there's like 10000 of them, and it just goes to show that the only people that want to be luthiers are lazy teenagers who dont feel like going to college and smoke too much marijuana.

Hey I'm a lazy teenager and well I quit weed a couple months ago but I am motivated enough to work on all these guitars I build. If you are really interested in being a luthier as in building guitars I'd just start building guitars and learning with experience.
as i am concerned, someone who "builds guitars" is not even close to a luthier, i'd consider you a luthier if you can replace a split acoustic top, or cleat the broken sides of an ancient gibson 335 without scuffing any of the finish, building a guitar is simple a piece of wood with holes in it, albeit the holes are aligned (they should be anyways).
I wasn't aware that there were a lot of threads like this.
I Apologize.

My definition on a luthier was incorrect. (as i had figured setups were included)
Sorry again guys.