Poll: What is your fastest solve of a Rubiks Cube?
Poll Options
View poll results: What is your fastest solve of a Rubiks Cube?
I can't solve them
126 65%
Over 30 minutes
11 6%
Under 30 minutes
6 3%
Under 10 minutes
6 3%
Under 5 minutes
5 3%
Under 3 minutes
17 9%
Under 1 minute
22 11%
Voters: 193.
Page 1 of 2
So I've recently learned how to solve a Rubik's Cube, and i wondered how many Pitmonkeys would have learnt how to do the same thing? Also, answer the poll with your best time, if you can do it.

Edit: my best time is between two and three minutes, timing with a computer clock.
-

Last edited by Aléx at Jan 6, 2009,
Never saw the point.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by daytripper75
i can't solve them.

i have no desire to learn how.

You stole the typing out of my fingers...
Quote by RoamingConflict
This one dream involved me, one random girl, midgets and a pie.

...and midgets ended up f*cking her. I got the pie.

I've been wanting to learn how to do these mo'fo's for ages. Can someone explain how you do it please?
Originally Posted by Demon Wolf
one dream of mine is to play baroque and roll.

i dont quite know what it is, but i assume it involves plenty of harpsichord solos and medieval chanting.

Quote by DeaThrash
I can solve 'em, they aren't as hard as they look

No, I agree. One you get the method, it's really simple.

Quote by alfonzo99
I've been wanting to learn how to do these mo'fo's for ages. Can someone explain how you do it please?

It would take too long in text, just look it up on youtube or something.
-

got one once, couldnt do it and havent touched one since.
Quote by filthandfury
I take all the stickers off and put them back in the right place

This
ohai little sig.
Around a minute-ish for me.

I think my best was 54 seconds.
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
A few years a ago, I played with it a lot and got my time down to 42 secs. Right now, I'm probably around a 55 sec average.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Quote by dubstar92
A few years a ago, I played with it a lot and got my time down to 42 secs. Right now, I'm probably around a 55 sec average.

I'm glad you said it in this thread
Quote by RoamingConflict

Quote by BloodMoon666

Why
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Wow, I haven't played with one in a while but it was like a huge fad at high school couple years ago. My best was about 56 seconds.
To atone a sin I didn't care for, but a sin that paid my debts
A sin that fed my children and burned my smiles and cigarettes
Quote by dubstar92

Quote by BloodMoon666

Quote by dubstar92
Why

He's saying is you posted that in another thread it would sound like the amount of time it takes you to masturbate
Quote by imdeth
He's saying is you posted that in another thread it would sound like the amount of time it takes you to masturbate

It probably is. I'd imagine someone who devotes most of their time to practicing solving rubik's cubes doesn't have much time for wanking.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by rabidguitarist
It probably is. I'd imagine someone who devotes most of their time to practicing solving rubik's cubes doesn't have much time for wanking.

it takes like a half hour to learn, and about an hour to memorize all the algorithms and solve it.
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
Quote by rabidguitarist

It really doesn't take long, unless you have the mental capacity of a sheep, or need extra time for masturbating due to using your feet.
-

I got one for christmas, I've only just managed to solve the green side.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by imdeth

Quote by rabidguitarist

Quote by Lgndkllr777
it takes like a half hour to learn, and about an hour to memorize all the algorithms and solve it.

Lol. You're not following, are you?
Quote by RoamingConflict

Quote by imdeth

Or ejaculate when getting laid. But if masterbation is your preference... *shrug*
Quote by Bill43

I wouldn't know an Opeth song from an Egg McMuffin
Quote by wahappen
Or ejaculate when getting laid. But if masturbation is your preference... *shrug*

I assumed if he is great with rubix cubes he would rarely get sex.

Unless some ladies now like guys who can complete rubix cubes in under a minute?
Quote by dubstar92

Can't stop laughing! I'm sigging this.
Quote by dubstar92
A few years a ago, I played with it alot and got my time down to 42 secs. Right now, I'm probably around a 55 sec average.
I haven't solved one in a while, but I could pick it up again.

I also have the 4X4X4 model (that I can solve) and the 5X5X5 model that I haven't the guts to try and even mess up, let alone learn how to solve...
Attachments:
cube4.jpg
cube5.jpg
"If you can hum it, you can play it!"

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
ESP: LTD M-10
Marshall MD10CD
I used to get in the 40-seconds. I haven't done it in a while though and I'm sure my time has dropped.
Slipknot Fan.

Thanks, but I'm not God. If I were God, 3/4 of you would be girls, and the rest would be pizza and beer. –Axl Rose
I only solved it by moving the stickers. I graduated high school with a D in maths.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
My fastest time that I've recorded is 1:45, however I'm sure I've done it much faster when I wasn't timing myself.
I can, and my fastest was about 2 minutes.

I forgot how to do the last layer down to switching the edges though..
For real.
I can't, and wouldn't want to learn, because I know what it is. It's just memorizing a bunch of algorithms for getting a specific piece to a specific place, and I dislike memorizing.

I know a guy who can finish one in about a minute though. Scary to see him do it, he just uses the tips of his fingers to quickly snap the pieces around. Pretty sure he can do it with one hand too, though it takes him longer.
Points to sig

I could go faster but I lost my cube and dont feel like buying another. I was addicted to the thing. I played with it at least 1.5 hours EVERYDAY
I can do it in about 10 minutes after just getting one for Christmas.
A kid in my school does it in 30 seconds, and my best friend does it in 3 minutes
I can do 2/3 of the cube in under 2 minutes. The last layer I still need a cheat-sheet for, and it still takes a while. I voted under 30 min.
What's the point of looking up the algorithm?

I figured out how to do the top and I can almost get the second row.
Page 1 of 2