OK. So I need to learn how to use Reason 4 for school and so Have it all installed but am unsure on how to get the MIDI controller up and running.

I have some old Quickshot MIDI Compsoer controller which has a Soundcard MIDI and Joystick out on it. I have two leads, one USB to MIDI lead which I got with my Guitar Hero World Tour Kit from Red Octane and one of cables which has a MIDI in and Out end and also by the looks of it a soundcard out and in end.

I've tried having the USB lead with the MIDI Out cable in MIDI out on my controller but I get nothing inr eason. it doens't detetc it. I've also tried from the Soundcard in (my PC) to Soudcard out which didn't work and Soundcard In to Midi Out which also didn't work.

Does anyone know how I can get this thing running. What have I done wrong?
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
Midi out on the controller to midi in on the computer.

Do you have to enable the track on reason to record midi? Could it be something like that?

Also, check for meters. Cubase has a midi input meter that will respond even if the track isn't enabled. Is there something like that in Reason?

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
What would be MIDI in on the computer?

I assume it's the yellow 15 pins slot on ym soundcard if in which case it is then Its plugged in.

It seems that there is no signal coming from the controller at all.

Perhaps I should try another lead.
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08