Wow is pretty much all I could say for a while after leaving. I've not once played an amp that had such a crystal clear, balls out distortion. I first played it through a 4x12 Mesa cabinet as I was originally testing out a Road King II head. I then swapped the Orange head into a 2x12 Orange cab. Unfortunately swapping to a different brand cab means the sound comparison is a bit useless between the 4x12 and 2x12, but it sounded pretty mint through both. I lost a little of the "balls to the wall" oomph when switching to the 2x12, as expected, but plan on going back to try it through an Orange 4x12 over the weekend.

I currently play a Peavey 6505+ through a Peavey XXX cab and I will definitely be selling the 6505+ very soon for this orange head. Don't get me wrong, the 6505+ is an awesome head when you can crank it up loud, but the Orange just blew it out of the water in my opinion. I think my singer, who was with me, put it best. He basically said, "Most amps make me cringe when I hear someone try to strum an open chord through them on heavy distortion, but the Orange made every note wring extremely clear." I agree 100%. I could honestly write songs differently using a lot more open chords with this amp than I could with the Peavey or most other amps I've ever played.

I also played the Orange AD30 head through the 4x12 and was just as impressed. If it wasn't for the lack of an effects loop, I'd probably go with the AD30 instead because of the lower wattage. These amps, like all tube amps, sound that much better when you crank them and 20 less watts means I'd be able to push the amp that much more live without too high of a stage volume, but for the music I'm doing I need to run some effects for a few songs. Damn.
This is relevant to my interests. I'm in the market for a high gain amp head. The problem with my TT is the limited equalizing possibilities. I doesn't have that oomph I'm looking for. I still want to try a Rockerverb.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by Green_Jelly
This is relevant to my interests. I'm in the market for a high gain amp head. The problem with my TT is the limited equalizing possibilities. I doesn't have that oomph I'm looking for. I still want to try a Rockerverb.

Absolutely give it a shot. If oomph is what you're looking for out of a classic to modern rock sounding head, I highly doubt you'll be disappointed. If metal is your thing, it may not be your sound, but hey, James Root uses them (Stone Sour, Slipknot) so they must work pretty well for him.

And if you don't need an effects loop, I also recommend doing a side-by-side with the Orange AD30 head, also. Most guitarists (including myself) are not playing places big enough to require even a 50-watt head, nevermind a 100-watter. Also, the AD30 gives you a gain on both channels while the Rockerverb has one distorted and one strictly "clean" channel.

Bottom line, I like the channel configuration and wattage of the AD30 better, but I need the effects loop of the Rockerverb. It will be a tough call for me.
Last edited by PSM at Jan 6, 2009,