So basically I was going to buy the Mackie Onyx Satellite but I called my music shop and they told me the product was discontinued (Meaning they don't make them anymore).

I don't know if it's true or not though, but the guy also told me that recently, Mackie had a lot of problems regarding their audio Interfaces.

Anyways, that really shocked me and now I'm trying to find a firewire audio interface in the same price range of the satellite.

Can you guys throw me some ideas? Tell me if it's true that the satellite isn't produced anymore?

Thanks!
I didn't know it was discontinued. I have one and I love it. It's worked really well for me. I've also heard that the Toneport's are decently good and around the same price.
Well, the Mackie site doesn't list it as discontinued, and many places on the internet still seem to be selling the units. I have found a couple of other sources from forums on google that says it's been discontinued though. If it has been, I wonder if they'll bring out a similar product to replace it (preferably something with Vista compatibility!)

Otherwise, the Presonus Inspire is a nice similar Firewire unit to go for, with a price in the same region.
There is poetry in despair.
Yeah I checked the Inspire aswell as the Firebox (Although it's a bit more pricy, but I can afford the difference).

Anyways, still need some ideas!

EDIT: Currently I'd be aiming for the Inspire since it's way more cheaper.

Anyone had/has good experiences with them? Care to share ?
Last edited by DarkTom666 at Jan 7, 2009,
Quote by DarkTom666
So basically I was going to buy the Mackie Onyx Satellite but I called my music shop and they told me the product was discontinued (Meaning they don't make them anymore).

I don't know if it's true or not though, but the guy also told me that recently, Mackie had a lot of problems regarding their audio Interfaces.

The unit Is in fact discontinued but it was an outstanding interface for the money...very nice preamps. I did hear some people had connection/driver issues though....and Vista drivers were never put out to the public.

I wonder if they will be bringing out a new interface or two at NAMM in a few weeks...I hope they get some Vista drivers out as well. [crosses fingers]

Quote by DarkTom666
Anyways, that really shocked me and now I'm trying to find a firewire audio interface in the same price range of the satellite.

Can you guys throw me some ideas? Tell me if it's true that the satellite isn't produced anymore?

Thanks!

PreSonus Inspire 1394
or look on ebay for a used PreSonus FP10...

The FP10 seems like a far shot but its outstanding and has plenty of inputs and outs.
Last edited by moody07747 at Jan 8, 2009,