Yay! They getting released this month! =D Anyone kno how much theyre gunna be selling for? I can find anything about a price. They look really nice. And with Van Halen making em, they gotta be god like.
Yeah I can't wait....pick up the Guitar World with EVH on the cover...the stories behind the guitars are cool. Eddie is very picky when it comes to the tone of his guitars (imagine that, right ).
yeah i got that issue =] imma save up n buy one. i still got $600 left from christmas lol. i was saving for an RR5, but that Wolfgang looks wayy better.
Quote by paintballcrazy7
yeah i got that issue =] imma save up n buy one. i still got $600 left from christmas lol. i was saving for an RR5, but that Wolfgang looks wayy better.

Agreed.
I just got a LTD V-200, or else I would be right there with ya in the "i'm gonna get one" boat. They look kick ass!
They are apparently going to be in the $2500 range or so. A lot of BS in that Guitar World video by everyone involved, especially Ed. Saying that this guitar is so much better then his last signature Wolfgang and so on. If he's a tone chaser then he's running the wrong way cause his tone has gone down hill. His best I think was of course VH1 but also 5150 era, just watch Live Without a Net DVD. I still think the Music Man Axis is a much better deal.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Quote by DSOTM80
They are apparently going to be in the $2500 range or so. A lot of BS in that Guitar World video by everyone involved, especially Ed. Saying that this guitar is so much better then his last signature Wolfgang and so on. If he's a tone chaser then he's running the wrong way cause his tone has gone down hill. His best I think was of course VH1 but also 5150 era, just watch Live Without a Net DVD. I still think the Music Man Axis is a much better deal.

did you see van halen live?
you really think his tone wasnt that great??
Quote by DSOTM80
his tone has gone down hill

...dude, have you HEARD the EVH 5150III?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
His tone in the 80's was still much better in my opinion. He did sound good on the last tour I agree, but I still like his 5150 tone for example a lot more.

The thing that gets me is ok its great that he's got these signature pedals and other stuff, I mean people have been making money off Ed's name and fame for years and now he figures its finally his turn to cash in and why not, but also having signature guitar cables and strings on top of everything else and coming out with striped sneakers too is a bit over the top.

I mean I own the MXR EVH Flanger and its great, quality product right down to the paint but the difference to me is in the 80's when he represented Kramer he represented the company and not 1 particular guitar because he never had a signature axe. Now he's saying this is the exact guitar I use on stage, if I walked into a music store and picked one up it would be exactly like mine...which I think is BS

....and about the 5150III amps, I've heard too many stories of people having problems with them and as far as I know they are made in Mexico. For $2000 I'd rather get this Marshall then the 5150III if I wanted a VH tone for all eras.
Quote by DSOTM80
His tone in the 80's was still much better in my opinion. He did sound good on the last tour I agree, but I still like his 5150 tone for example a lot more.

The thing that gets me is ok its great that he's got these signature pedals and other stuff, I mean people have been making money off Ed's name and fame for years and now he figures its finally his turn to cash in and why not, but also having signature guitar cables and strings on top of everything else and coming out with striped sneakers too is a bit over the top.

I mean I own the MXR EVH Flanger and its great, quality product right down to the paint but the difference to me is in the 80's when he represented Kramer he represented the company and not 1 particular guitar because he never had a signature axe. Now he's saying this is the exact guitar I use on stage, if I walked into a music store and picked one up it would be exactly like mine...which I think is BS

....and about the 5150III amps, I've heard too many stories of people having problems with them and as far as I know they are made in Mexico. For $2000 I'd rather get this Marshall then the 5150III if I wanted a VH tone for all eras.

fair enough, i wasnt alive to see vh in the 80s so i cant say anything
QFT= quoted for truth
Quote by Mister.Y
Well, The Lion Sleeps Tonight is still a bit popular... I mean, cmon...

awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe...

"I'll See You In The Next World, and Don't Be Late"
Quote by The Philosopher
I wouldn't be surprised if it's around the price o the Frankenstein knowing Eddie...

yeah but the frankenSTRAT is a replica of his lost guitar, its more like a collectors item.
the wolfgang is actually like a guitar to play
After hearing the EVH 5150 III, i was less than impressed. It'd probably be a better deal to buy a marshall 80s plexi and mod it.

As for the new Fender Wolfgang, i think the Peavey headstock looks better, and i do agree that the Axis is probably a better deal.
His Frankenstrat isn't lost by the way...
I doubt anyone on the pit could afford one. Remember the Charvel ones that just came out? They were like 5 grand.
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
yeah eddies great and he knows it. he can jack up the price of any guitar. maybe ill settle for a jim root sig. soon as i sell my bc rich warlock nj w/ floyd rose tremolo.
Quote by stratdud39
?
i thought a custom shop guy from fender did an exact replica of it?
thats what i read in guitar world.

That they did.

Doesn't mean it's lost though. Remember reading the part where he says he couldnt tell the difference?
Quote by Pac_man0123
That they did.

Doesn't mean it's lost though. Remember reading the part where he says he couldnt tell the difference?

Wasn't he still doing drugs and whathave you back then?

I'm not getting one. It looks good, but I don't think it'll be anything special. More than likely just severly overpriced (considering the fact that his Charvel was 5k ._.)
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Quote by V.U.K
Wasn't he still doing drugs and whathave you back then?

I'm not getting one. It looks good, but I don't think it'll be anything special. More than likely just severly overpriced (considering the fact that his Charvel was 5k ._.)

Yes i believe he was still drinking back then. I don't think he's ever been much of a drug guy, but i know he was quite the alcoholic for over 20 years.

And yeah, like i said, i think the Axis is a better deal. I heard none of the Fender Wolfies are going to be MIA so i don't think it's worth the 2-2.5k for a non-MIA guitar...
Quote by paintballcrazy7
Yay! They getting released this month! =D Anyone kno how much theyre gunna be selling for? I can find anything about a price. They look really nice. And with Van Halen making em, they gotta be god like.

Except VH isn't making them. Fender is. EVH just puts his name on it.
I think we all should just wait and see the price to actually see if its worth it or not.

I no i no "5k charvel omfg its gonna cost around that!"

But ya never know
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
Yeah and it was a whole big thing about how much the pickups sucked and had to go through like 80 prototypes.
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
Quote by Pac_man0123
Yes i believe he was still drinking back then. I don't think he's ever been much of a drug guy, but i know he was quite the alcoholic for over 20 years.

And yeah, like i said, i think the Axis is a better deal. I heard none of the Fender Wolfies are going to be MIA so i don't think it's worth the 2-2.5k for a non-MIA guitar...

arent they handmade?????
or is that just eddies?
cuz i read the interview in gw and they showed pics of it being made(by hand), and kinda made it clear they were handmade.
EDIT: and yes it would be handmade in america
Quote by stratdud39
arent they handmade?????
or is that just eddies?
cuz i read the interview in gw and they showed pics of it being made(by hand), and kinda made it clear they were handmade.

All guitars have some hands on in the manufacturing process. Theres no way that a guitar can be made 100% from only CNC I don't think.
I ordered a body from a guy who shapes them by hand, no CNC machines in his shop. I guess you can call that 100% hand made, but even if the body shape is cut out on a CNC machine like from Warmoth for example, even then some sanding will be done with human hands. Now how much of that will be on the new Wolfgang or any guitar for that matter who knows really unless you go and see the process yourself.
Quote by stratdud39
arent they handmade?????
or is that just eddies?

Well keep in mind i've been going off what little info i can scrape up online. I haven't even seen GW's bit on it. Last i heard there wasnt a MIA model lined up but that could have been wrong or maybe changed.

Handmade is also a pretty loose term these days, too...
Hey,

All you guys GASing for this one should just pick up a Peavey Wolfgang. They are very sweet guitars.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Hey,

All you guys GASing for this one should just pick up a Peavey Wolfgang. They are very sweet guitars.

I have a Peavey Wolfie and it's a great guitar. Probably the best one for the price ($650, GC rip-off, i didnt pay for it)

Still getting used to the floyd though.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Hey,

They look the same yes, but there's no way to know how they compare yet.