Page 1 of 5
What are some bands or artists that people expect you to like but you really don't?

There are a few that I think people would expect me to like, but the biggest one that I supposedly should like is Audioslave. I love Soundgarden and RATM, but I've never gotten into Audioslave.

So post away.
Josh Homme writes the greatest lyrics EVAR:
"I wish we could get away
Drink wine and screw"

"Nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol
C-C-C-C-Cocaine!"

"I wanna lick you too much"

Own this Black Sabbath shirt?
My friend was surprised that I wasn't Radiohead's biggest fan. He said I look like someone who would listen to them.

Yes, I am creepy and paranoid, but I find Radiohead rather...odd for my conservative tastes.
Nine Inch Nails,for some reason every one who likes rock likes Nine Inch Nails,but I hate tem and Trent
Lifes a grave and I dig it!
everyone says 'you should like Nirvana cause you play guitar!', i hate Nirvana!
my mate thought i was really strange because i'm a big fan of tenacious d (dont judge me on that) but i dont like trainwreck [kyle's band]
Quote by uk.mace
This man is smart.

Quote by guitar-guy69
you spelt colors wrong

Tweet me bro.
I was really dissapointed when I heard Protest The Hero and Fall Of Troy.

A mate of mine was like, speaking to me about them both, and I thought I'd check them out seeing as how amazing he led me to think they would be. They're not.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Bob Marley

*flameshield*
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
I've got strong political opinions and I'm always up for a debate, so people are shocked and awed when I say I don't care for Rage Against The Machine at all.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
there's a thread like this every week. i'm surprised nobody has said hendrix and the beatles yet. well i will. and i hate SOAD with every fiber of my being
trivium....ew

i thinks its coz i like metallica....
It has come to my recent attention that our good friend CoreysMonster is not permanently detained in the Fotb.

i would like to make an apology to the following people:

that is all.

I use Linux
Everyone thinks I listen to Korn and Metallica..... ****ing annoying.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by maninthebox24
What are some bands or artists that people expect you to like but you really don't?

There are a few that I think people would expect me to like, but the biggest one that I supposedly should like is Audioslave. I love Soundgarden and RATM, but I've never gotten into Audioslave.

So post away.

+1
Quote by uk.mace
This man is smart.

Quote by guitar-guy69
you spelt colors wrong

Tweet me bro.
I think Led Zeppelin is really over rated. Yet apparently if i don't listen to them I'm not a real rocker and don't know anything about music.
Quote by freddaahh
I just head-desked so hard I went through the floor and came out in Mongolia.
Bob Dylan. Oh sh*t I'm gonna get shot.
Sail upon the open skies
Last edited by angusfan16 at Jan 6, 2009,
i like progressive metal and rock but i cannot stand tool

i just loathe them
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Quote by sk8erk1d1313
I think Led Zeppelin is really over rated. Yet apparently if i don't listen to them I'm not a real rocker and don't know anything about music.
+1
metallica
led zep
the beatles
ac/dc
RHCP
dream theatre
slipknot
radiohead
pink floyd
guns and roses
i don't like lots of bands....there are more but i cba to write them
when people hear i dont like these bands they quote loads of lyrics and other such stuff i just couldn't care less about
EDIT: i also find their music pretty average at best
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Last edited by moody git at Jan 6, 2009,
um, beatles and pink floyd
Quote by jonnyrotten45
of course, we start talking about pizza, and end talking about putting our dicks in various objects, god bless the pit

Quote by lee 31392
I fapped over Louis Walsh.

Metal sucks
Ya definetly not a fan of protest the hero. I really REALLY don't like them. Especially when it seems that everyone who I have a conversation with about music seems to worship them.

Cheers!

Go Leafs Go!!

Next season anyway
Quote by x_thurston_x
I've got strong political opinions and I'm always up for a debate, so people are shocked and awed when I say I don't care for Rage Against The Machine at all.

I wouldn't be surprised. I have leftist views, but sometimes they go a little far. Politically, I prefer The Clash over Rage.
Drink wine and screw"

C-C-C-C-Cocaine!"

i'm droppin a bomb here......... i think pink floyd is boring
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
Led Zepplin, AC/DC (non musicians), Nirvanna, Rage Against The Machine (I just straight up hate Tom) , and Pink Floyd. And a lot more but I don't feel like going into detail.
Last edited by midnight ride at Jan 6, 2009,
Pink Floyd and Muse.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.
Last edited by 67_67 at Jan 6, 2009,
Quote by Inferno11
Ya definetly not a fan of protest the hero. I really REALLY don't like them. Especially when it seems that everyone who I have a conversation with about music seems to worship them.

because they have a ridiculous amount of talent. but cool, if you don't like them, whatever.

I'm also on the Led Zepplin train, i never really found them that impressive, maybe its just because i'm used to modern rock.

Also the Beatles.
Quote by Carl6661
I was really dissapointed when I heard Protest The Hero and Fall Of Troy.

A mate of mine was like, speaking to me about them both, and I thought I'd check them out seeing as how amazing he led me to think they would be. They're not.

:O

AC/DC, Avenged Sevenfold, Guns And Roses and 30 Seconds To Mars are all **** in my opinion
DUDEDIT: I forgot the ****test band of all time: Muse
FEED ME MATHCORE

Quote by sashki

I also speak German, except no-one gives a shit.

GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE, AWAKE WHEN THE SUN HITS THE SKY
Anything Japanese. lolz.
However when I promptly let them know that I'm not found of whatever they've mentioned, they stare at me like I'm crazy.
“I want every girl in the world to pick up a guitar and start screaming”

I will prove you wrong.
Quote by sk8erk1d1313

I feel exactly the same way man.
Above post may or may not be true.
I forgot to mention that some non-musicians expected me to like bands like Godsmack and Disturbed because I love Tool. My response was just "You realize Tool is nothing like those bands, right?"
Drink wine and screw"

C-C-C-C-Cocaine!"

ACDC totally. I don't get their music. It's ordinary rock, nothing special about them. They are ordinary people. Why shouldn't I just go listen to a local band?
Pink Floyd too. They're music is just plain weird although there's a few good songs.
Beatles have some good music but it gets old after a while.
Guns 'n' Roses, I never liked them, but after I found out what he did to Kurt Cobain, I hate him even more.
Then all modern music. My stupid friends at school who have no idea what rock is and listen to these crappy new bands are like, "OMG you don't like Fallout Boy?!?!?"
Uhhhh......metal. Most people here like metal. I hate it.
That's it.

EDIT: and how did I forget Tom Morello? he is a sucky guitarist yet even a lot of people who do like good music think he rocks. His music is crap, any idiot with a guitar can make funny noises.
Last edited by yankovicfan3125 at Jan 6, 2009,
Quote by yankovicfan3125

EDIT: and how did I forget Tom Morello? he is a sucky guitarist yet even a lot of people who do like good music think he rocks. His music is crap, any idiot with a guitar can make funny noises.

Tom is actually a pretty good guitarist. He does know how to play guitar the "normal way", he just chooses to use some hip - hop influences as well. I have videos to back it up too.

I don't like Ac/Dc, their music is very unoriginal and boring. They have not changed over the past 30 years, and the fans act like that's a good thing!

I think Led Zeppelin is extremely overrated too. I think that Jimmy Page is a great guitarist, but blues - rock always seemed pretty boring too me.
Jeff Beck, he seems like he has just picked up the guitar
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Opeth.
Hi

Quote by iceman95
Fiddler is a god!!!! omg that's a good movie
Pearl Jam, it's not that I don't like them it's just that I haven't heard much of their stuff but I don't know why people come to me to ask things about Pearl Jam.
Opeth, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Pink Floyd, The Beatles, Led Zepplin, Michael Angelo Batio, Satch, and Guns n' Roses (new anyway)

-runs-
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Page 1 of 5