I know he has a Fender sig J Bass but has Squire ever made a sig bass for him?
I checked Squire's site and there's only three signature basses that they've made on there, four if you count Badtz.

Badtz was supposed to be the fourth not fifth...
Last edited by Bottle of Dirt at Jan 6, 2009,
No, there isn't a Marcus Miller sig Squier.
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
Last edited by Vampire 255 at Jan 8, 2009,
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I haven't heard of one being made, and I hope they don't, because I'd burn every single one. I don't care how good Squier basses have been recently, but watering down the best instrument on their product line would be stupid and immoral.

I kind of agree with that. It would be cool to(to me anyways) to have a signature bass of one of my favorite artist. It would also be nice to have a bass for doodling around with for Jazz since most of my stuff is better for punk and metal to my ears.
Thing is, a Squier version of a MM wouldn't get anywhere near close to a "Squier" version of an MM, if you get my meaning. Far too much stuff to get into a small price bracket. It'd be like a Rockbass to a Warwick- look very similar, but completely different in every other way.
It would be a mockery to my MM j-bass, and i would be forced to file a lawsuit against Squier for emotional damages
Quote by thefitz
That's because you're a 13 year old who only focuses on guitars. I bet most people can't tell the difference between your voice and your mother's.
Not to mention the lack of interest. Do you think the typical "Squier Signiture" crowd would appreciate the Marcus Miller bass? No.
The large majority of the Squier sig crowd are undoubtedly pre-teen girls who think Petey is cute, and want his bass with the "badass" bat logo....

Dont worry, its "punk"

Most of them would be turned away by the fact the sig was built for a black guy with a funny hat, never mind he's a innovator of the instrument. And that i want that hat
Quote by thefitz
That's because you're a 13 year old who only focuses on guitars. I bet most people can't tell the difference between your voice and your mother's.
Quote by CBurtonIsKing
The large majority of the Squier sig crowd are undoubtedly pre-teen girls who think Petey is cute, and want his bass with the "badass" bat logo....

Dont worry, its "punk"

Most of them would be turned away by the fact the sig was built for a black guy with a funny hat, never mind he's a innovator of the instrument. And that i want that hat

Its probably worth more than the bass

I'm sorry
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Quote by slaptasticdave
Its probably worth more than the bass

I'm sorry

The hat? Of course, that cap oozes jazzines out of every oriface If your wearing that, nobody above the age of 30 CANT take you seriously
Quote by thefitz
badtz? that ****ing penguin hello kitty thing? hahahha how is that a sig
Quote by skater dan0
...and the bassist comes up to the EQ and moves all the sliders into the typical smiley face pattern and in a really thick Jamaican accent said "you can't have de bass without de smiley face"
Quote by TagRingo
badtz? that ****ing penguin hello kitty thing? hahahha how is that a sig

Tyson Ritter from All American Rejects is getting a Fender sig =( i find that less credible than Hello Kitty having a signature bass, because that guy has some mean slapping chops Tyson was babbling in an interview about how Fender was designing a bass especially suited to his "style". Coincidentaly, itll probably have no tone nobs and 1 volume knob. Yep, hello kitty is looking pretty groovy right about now.
Quote by thefitz
wait I saw All American Rejects (yeah, yeah...) and I thought he was a pretty hardcore Flying V player?
Quote by skater dan0
...and the bassist comes up to the EQ and moves all the sliders into the typical smiley face pattern and in a really thick Jamaican accent said "you can't have de bass without de smiley face"
Marcus Miller has a signature SWR Preamp. Why in the world would he have a Squier signature? Especially when signature deals typically entail they MUST play them?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by TagRingo
wait I saw All American Rejects (yeah, yeah...) and I thought he was a pretty hardcore Flying V player?

Well of course i saw this interview in a Guitar Center mag, so undoubtedly he was being compelled to ooze his love for Fender with a particularily large check. But yeah, he was gushing about how great various Fender basses are. Hell, they had a section where the drummer was recommending various Guitar Center axes, rather than something ridiculous like his instrument.

Trust me, for an endorsement, he'll be Fender's meat puppet any day. Not to say i wouldnt like an endorsement...
Quote by thefitz
Quote by thefitz
Marcus Miller has a signature SWR Preamp. Why in the world would he have a Squier signature? Especially when signature deals typically entail they MUST play them?

Frank Bello predominantly uses Fender bass's, usually the Aerodyne models (i think). And he has a Squier sig.

**** it, im waiting for his signature hat
Quote by thefitz
Quote by thefitz

Aside from Squire's website, I've never seen a pic or vid of Bello playing his, nor have I seen Mike Dirnt play his sig squire bass. Both of them have Sig Fender's as well.
He'd have a Squire sig because not everyone who would want a sig bass of his is willing to drop 2 grand for a bass that wouldn't get used as their main bass but more as something to mess around with or just starting out on.
Quote by CBurtonIsKing
Tyson Ritter from All American Rejects is getting a Fender sig =( i find that less credible than Hello Kitty having a signature bass, because that guy has some mean slapping chops Tyson was babbling in an interview about how Fender was designing a bass especially suited to his "style". Coincidentaly, itll probably have no tone nobs and 1 volume knob. Yep, hello kitty is looking pretty groovy right about now.

What's with musicians recently making sig instruments with only the volume tone?
it costs them less to make and they can sell it for more because it has a name on it
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by Bottle of Dirt
Aside from Squire's website, I've never seen a pic or vid of Bello playing his, nor have I seen Mike Dirnt play his sig squire bass. Both of them have Sig Fender's as well.
He'd have a Squire sig because not everyone who would want a sig bass of his is willing to drop 2 grand for a bass that wouldn't get used as their main bass but more as something to mess around with or just starting out on.

None of the signatories hav $2000 signatures, other than the 5-string version of the MM. And nobody spends more on a secondary bass then their main bass.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by TagRingo

Only gibson bass i could ever consider owning. I shall steal his flying V's if he gets endorsed by fender!

EDIT - theres nothing wrong with see TAAR live. I love them and really dying to see them

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
Quote by Bottle of Dirt

Bello played his on a Talking Metal jam on fuse. It was like Bello, Mike Nortnoy, and Bobby Blitz jamming with Overkill by Motorhead. It was cool. You can go watch it on youtube.
pfft, I'd rather see a squier version of the badboy:

a sexy guitar, but way out of my price range...
it's the OBVIOUS choice for a squire sig hoppus?

i actually don't know why they haven't done that already
Quote by jimRH7
pfft, I'd rather see a squier version of the badboy:

a sexy guitar, but way out of my price range...

i'd rather see a Squier Urge II to be honest
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by 2112pk
it's the OBVIOUS choice for a squire sig hoppus?

i actually don't know why they haven't done that already

I think because Blink went away and he hasn't been in the public as much.

My mistake on the price, I went to some online shop and typed in Marcus Miller and the only one that came up was a 5 string for like 2300 and a 4 string for 1900.
Quote by Bottle of Dirt
My mistake on the price, I went to some online shop and typed in Marcus Miller and the only one that came up was a 5 string for like 2300 and a 4 string for 1900.

http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Marcus-Miller-Jazz-Bass?sku=510405

Quote by Cody_Grey102
Quote by Bottle of Dirt
I think because Blink went away and he hasn't been in the public as much.

If the MM 4-string cost that much, id still be playing an Ibanez right about now Id love the 5-er, but i guess i can settle Im still awaiting the day when Gods grace walks upon the earth, and a 5-string Rickenbacker 4003 is created for a small amount less than what i could sell most of my organs for. I dont smoke, so i could get a good price
Quote by thefitz
Quote by thefitz

http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Marcus-Miller-JBass-V?sku=511266

I never said I shopped around for it, I just went to some random ass online site. I'm still not willing to shell out 1150 for a bass that's not going to get used even two hours a week. I don't think most people are.