'Lo,
Searched, loads of GCSE suggestions.. but not much for A level (UK).
Any ideas?
Into Rock / Blues / Metal / Classical
Im RGT Grade 6-7, (although imo that means bugger all.)

Im thinking of doing;
Die to Live (Vai)
For The Love of God (Vai)
Cannon Rock, Bit cliche though ;D

Something along those lines... i know you can get the backing tracks for those easily though.

Any advice / grade info and such?
Appreciate it, cheers
Last edited by DannnUK at Jan 6, 2009,
If you can play it perfectly, you'll do well.

I chose stuff that was a little out of my league, didn't do it particularly great so I'd choose something you're confident with.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Only has to be about 3 minutes, just released. Probably balls to for the love of god then, i can imagine the chances of nacking up the wah legato part high when panicking in the exam ( ._.).
Last edited by DannnUK at Jan 6, 2009,
I would go with some Joe. How about "Always With Me, Always With You"?
Yeah, i was thinking of that too... probably on the safer side, its one i have down decently atm.

Although, worried it may be a little low 'grade'... Haven't got this massive list of songs people have done in the past and what grade they are yet from the teacher, so i may still do that one :]

Any more suggestions?
Quote by DannnUK
Yeah, i was thinking of that too... probably on the safer side, its one i have down decently atm.

Although, worried it may be a little low 'grade'... Haven't got this massive list of songs people have done in the past and what grade they are yet from the teacher, so i may still do that one :]

Any more suggestions?

i'd say Always With Me, Always With You would be fine difficulty-wise.
Last year, I just did a version of Crossroads - Eric Clapton, and also a simple jazzy piece called Coming Home.
However, some simple improvisation over both of them (although I did the first solo in Crossroads as written) got me full marks.
But show off your ability to do rhythm AS WELL as lead. Play the chords when somebody else plays leads, and then switch again. (I did my pieces with my guitar tutor, so we kept switching).
Like I said, that got me full marks.
Quote by strat0blaster
HA!

Well played, my friend.

I'm going to edit that awful grammar right now

Yay, I'm sigged!!
And a grammar nazi..
For my Highers (UK) i done 3 satriani pieces - ten words, crush of love and starry night. Twas good.
Gear

'07 Ibanez RG1570MRB Prestige
'97 Ibanez RGR570 - V7/Dimarzio Fast Track/ Dimarzio PAF Pro
Westfield SG Copy
Westfield Strat Copy
Falcon Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 212
Roland Microcube
Unbranded 15W Starter Amp