Do you guys struggle with what tuning you want to play with? I'm always tuning to various tunings, usually, standard, half-step down, Drop D, and Drop C, I like all of these but I prefer to stick with one for a long time so I can make songs with one tuning instead of 2-3 different ones, so I was wondering if any of you have the same thoughts? Right now I'm debating whether or not I should go to Drop C or stay at half-step. Half-step allows me to play power metal riffs which I really like, but Drop C allows for more metalcore/melodic death metal riffs, which I also like.
in the band i was (am?) in we had 2 tunings...standard D and drop D. I personally hate drop tunings...and we always needed to have extra instruments for the different tunings and we had to switch instruments in the middle of the set...so id personally say stick with one and go with it.
Yeah I'm trying to stay solid on one ,and I'm not in a band currently, I just do it as a hobby because I'm afraid I'm not good enough to be in a band, sometimes I mess up, but I'm trying to create my own song now instead of trying to learn other bands songs.
Honestly. Tunings don't make such a big difference to me. I know my theory though. Really Drop D, makes Pedal Toning in certain keys very easy ( For metalcore, ) and it really just gives and extra set of notes when you drops down. But you also lose the notes you had at your highets frets, and those can be just as important.

D and Standard are my good ol' favorites.
Quote by isaac_bandits
I always use BEADGbe or BbEADGbe

nice, I went to BEADGbe before but I didn't really like, and please tell me you listen to Despised Icon, because that is what they play at and its really good, but anyways, Im tuning all the way down. Drop C is as far. I like standard because of King Diamond, half-step cause of Iced Earth and Into Eternity, Drop D just because, and Drop C by numerous bands such as Arsis, As blood runs black, Children of Bodom, All shall perish I think plays in Drop C, etc.
I keep one guitar in standard, one in Eb. From there I can go to drop D or drop D down a half step.

That's all I need!
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
I keep mine in standard, because if I practice in Eb or lower for any period of time I can't play a standard tuned guitar when I have to...

Quote by TGautier13
Because e-cred on a sub-par 4Chan knockoff forum is what everyone strives to achieve.
We believe - so we're misled
We assume - so we're played
We confide - so we're deceived
We trust - so we're betrayed
Quote by Who Sh0t Ya HxO
nice, I went to BEADGbe before but I didn't really like, and please tell me you listen to Despised Icon, because that is what they play at and its really good, but anyways, Im tuning all the way down. Drop C is as far. I like standard because of King Diamond, half-step cause of Iced Earth and Into Eternity, Drop D just because, and Drop C by numerous bands such as Arsis, As blood runs black, Children of Bodom, All shall perish I think plays in Drop C, etc.

Nope sorry Ive never listened to Despised Icon.

I use BEADgbe as its standard tuning for a seven string. Adding an extra high string(A) for the seventh string won't work as the string will break around G#, so I use a low B like most seven string players. I use BbEADgbe sometimes too, as that works much better when playing with horn players, who have to transpose (to keys with more sharps), so none of the songs I play with horns even have Bnatural in them.

Its good to see another Into Eternity fan, although I thought they used C standard...
My electric has been in Drop C most of the time lately. I lot of the stuff I like to play uses that tuning so it just makes it easy.