yes... means they're a revolutionary kind of thinker
SUPER BOWL XLVIII
D E N V E R B R O N C O S vs. S E A T T L E S E A H A W K S
it means they have an idea that is too good for the rest of the world. now quit joining forums just to ask dumb questions

EDIT:I retract that statement. you joined on my birthday, thus, you are awesome
Last edited by guylee at Jan 6, 2009,
It is an insult and it means that he is rushing somewhere where he shouldnt be then, but later
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.

Quote by wtf290
Don't listen to this man.

Quote by bubblesgogo
You have a gift.
Yes its a compliment. Its inferring the person is better than their peers or the level they should be at in what they are doing.
It means that you're thinking of things hitherto unthought of. In other words, you're smart.

Although, I kind of doubt anyone said that to you.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
It means that most people will consider them shit today but people in 10 years will turn them into a massive cult following dealy that will be largely populated by snooty douchebag elitists.

I think that's roughly it.
I means they can timetravel.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Means the person in question has had an idea which most people won't really understand for a while yet and so instead they'll get condemned as crazy, Satanic, boring, depressing, stupid, or any other range of negative things.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
It means that they are too crazy for anyone else to understand them. Or they can time travel.

Seriously though, it means the person has great ideas that are revolutionary and are of no use now, but might come in handy in the future. The phrase is usually used in retrospect and is a compliment.

EDIT:
Quote by Kensai
I means they can timetravel.

Curses!
Last edited by TheQuailman at Jan 6, 2009,
Quote by break-me-in
Means the person in question has had an idea which most people won't really understand for a while yet and so instead they'll get condemned as crazy, Satanic, boring, depressing, stupid, or any other range of negative things.

OUTSTANDING
It means they are Chuck Norris. So it's only happened once.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
Quote by Masamune
UG is like a shitty version of the dictionary.

No, The Pit is like a search engine for morons. If you want a ****ty version of the dictionary, you just buy a dictionary and rip out pages from L through to T.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by Agent Burn
It is an insult and it means that he is rushing somewhere where he shouldnt be then, but later

Don't listen to this man. Though it could be inferred that way, it's not what the expression means.
Basically what everyone else has been saying-a revolutionary thinker, unappreciated by the people around him because they can't understand it.
Quote by Tire Me.
Raping her in front of other people would be morally wrong.

Quote by Bubbles516
wtf290 uses make bubbles feel like crap
Its super effective!
Since this is a guitar thread, I'll give examples in ways guitarists can understand.

Popular guitars today right? Well, when they were released back in the 50's they flopped because there designs and body shapes were too exotic and wild. But, nowadays these are very popular, and we have even more "wild and exotic" shapes.

But back then they were ahead of their time; great ideas, but not accepted by the public until many years later.

Quote by wtf290
Don't listen to this man. Though it could be inferred that way, it's not what the expression means.
Basically what everyone else has been saying-a revolutionary thinker, unappreciated by the people around him because they can't understand it.

Lol... Siged =)
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.

Quote by wtf290
Don't listen to this man.

Quote by bubblesgogo
You have a gift.
Quote by Agent Burn
Lol... Siged =)

Quote by Tire Me.
Raping her in front of other people would be morally wrong.

Quote by Bubbles516
wtf290 uses make bubbles feel like crap
Its super effective!
Quote by SaintsofNowhere
Since this is a guitar thread, I'll give examples in ways guitarists can understand.

Popular guitars today right? Well, when they were released back in the 50's they flopped because there designs and body shapes were too exotic and wild. But, nowadays these are very popular, and we have even more "wild and exotic" shapes.

But back then they were ahead of their time; great ideas, but not accepted by the public until many years later.

I was thinking about putting this, but decided against it.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
The first answer was perfect
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
it means like if you had a flying car during WWII, only a person
It means they are from the future, thus meaning that their ideas are ahead of their time.

Pretty straightforward.
Quote by Les Paul Ell
In the future people will like this.

it's so far ahead of it's time we probably won't see it happen
Quote by ironman1478
it's so far ahead of it's time we probably won't see it happen

I think it's behind it's time.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
I actually never understood why people consider that reverse V so damn ugly. It looks totally weird, yes, but companies like Jackson, Dean, Schecter and ESP manage to put out far uglier stuff on a regular basis and nobody ever complains.
Quote by TheQuailman
I actually never understood why people consider that reverse V so damn ugly. It looks totally weird, yes, but companies like Jackson, Dean, Schecter and ESP manage to put out far uglier stuff on a regular basis and nobody ever complains.

I think it's a little down to the fact that it's Gibson, a company who rarely makes any new shapes coming out with their first new one in absolutely ages and it being a LITTLE below what's expected of them.

Can you think of any specific examples by Jackson, Dean, Schecter or ESP which are uglier or less conventional?
Quote by Les Paul Ell
I think it's a little down to the fact that it's Gibson, a company who rarely makes any new shapes coming out with their first new one in absolutely ages and it being a LITTLE below what's expected of them.

Yeah, I thought that too.
You have to keep in mind though that Gibson does indeed have a long list of different models and body shapes, more than most other companies actually. Some of the limited models from '08 were pretty sexy though, the SG Diablo for example. Yeah, it's pretty similar to any other SG, but it's got quite a different vibe to it I think.

Quote by Les Paul Ell
Can you think of any specific examples by Jackson, Dean, Schecter or ESP which are uglier or less conventional?

Jackson: The Warrior and some of the Kellys with weird paintjobs, the one with the Skulls and the ones with the "swirl" paintjob or whatever it is called in particular.

Dean: Razorbacks are the classic example, especially those with the funny paintjobs. Actually, anything from dean with an unusual paintjob which includes most signature guitars.

Schecter and ESP: They like abalone too much. Any guitar with abalone binding is awfully hideous to me, combine that with large abalone fretboard inlays (which both companies are or have been offering) like the classic "tree of life" inlay and you have the tackiest thing imaginable. It's just too much. These guitars are the equivalent of women with half a pound of make up in their face to me - neither is attractive in the slightest.
ESP also has the tendency to make their guitar's flame tops look out of place, mostly by using colours that don't look good on the tops. I saw a few blue Eclipses that just seemed poorly composed. The blue was way too dark for the flame. Would they have chosen a lighter blue and a sunburst finish, now that would have been better. They make very nice sunburst finishes actually.

I know that this is all a matter of preference though. But I'd take the V over many guitars of said companies any day.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Jan 6, 2009,
Quote by break-me-in

+1

See Jimi Hendrix, Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath (though people appreciate Sabbath much more today), Venom...
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM