Just wondered if anyoen had used any of the esp les pauls, just wondered what the necks are like compared to epiphones? cheers
At the price of ESPs, you should be comparing them to Gibsons not Epiphones. But from what I've HEARD (yes, not played) they have a slightly thinner neck.

And of course non of that asymetrical stuff.
Last edited by ML_Guitar09 at Jan 6, 2009,
ESP "Les Pauls" would be called Eclipse's.

I have one.

The entire guitar is thiner than an Epi or Gibby; both the body and the neck.

Its lighter and has a contour notched in the back of the body for comfort.
ESP Eclipse necks are a good bit thinner than Gibson necks, but not much thinner than Epi necks. Well, Epi necks aren't fat to begin with.
What really makes a big difference is the frets on ESPs being huge compared to Epi/Gibson frets. ESP tends to use Jumbo frets like other brands which focus on rock and metal.
Personally, I never liked the necks because of that and you'll need a couple of days to get used to it I think.
You could always get an ESP/Edwards LP. Their necks are apparently a mix between the 50's and 60's Gibson necks. They also have regular frets. Unfortunately they're only available in Japan or via Ebay.
Dont lie, ESPs can be bought world wide.

Quote by ameer
You could always get an ESP/Edwards LP. Their necks are apparently a mix between the 50's and 60's Gibson necks. They also have regular frets. Unfortunately they're only available in Japan or via Ebay.
Quote by AgresiveNapkins
Hes not lying, Edwards LP are most commonly found only on ebay.

Well, my local little music store has an Edwards explorer in the showroom, so it's not like they can be bought exclusively in Japan or through the internet.
esp does not equal Edwards does not equal LTD
they are all different.
LTD= epi kinda
I got a LTD EC-1000 and its a beauty, thinner than epi necks
Gear:
Agile 2000 2ts
ESP LTD Eclipse 1000, ASB
Amps:
Crate GTD65
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60