Hi there guys, I wasn't really sure where to put this, so I posted it here. I noticed something earlier when I was playing. First off, I was playing to Enter Sandman, And my guitar sounded perfect. I went to go play one, and It sounded like it was too low (my guitar). This only happened once before, but it has been a long time. I knew for a fact that my guitar was in tune to standard e, because 1. like I said, I was playing enter sandman, and 2. I also have a guitar for eb tuning and a guitar for d tuning, and my e guitar was higher in in pitch. I don't have a tuner, but I know how to tune my guitar, I have always tuned it perfectly myself. I thought also, that both songs were standard e tuning, so idk. basically, all I need to know, are the tunings different? If not, I will just go back and try something else. Please let me know if u can. Thanks!
both one and enter sandman are in standard i believe, try and get a tuner just to check, its good to tune by ear, but its also better just to have it in tune.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Hey! Now you can molest you're grandma and she won't remember! Score!!!

Gear:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah
All of Metallica's albums "old-school" albums plus Death Magnetic are in standard E. Most live versionens from Black Album and up until the latest album are halve a step down however
Quote by Tatersalad1080
both one and enter sandman are in standard i believe, try and get a tuner just to check, its good to tune by ear, but its also better just to have it in tune.

this
I suppose this is an old post but actually you notice something very few other people do. The studio version of One isn't actually in standard tuning at all. According to my tuner it is about 20 cent high. I noticed this while attempting to play along with the music. It is pretty simple to tune to the open D string in the song as well as the open G, from there you can relative tune everything else.

I realize this is an old post but I dislike the popular response of "it's in standard tuning" that I seem to find all over the internet. It's tuned in a consistently out of tune tuning
Last edited by CorwinsShadow at Jul 1, 2011,
I´ve noticed that too, so I tuned my guitar in a different pitch (442 hz) and it sounds more like it. Same E tuning, different pitch.
Last edited by amayalluqu at Jul 27, 2011,