Do you think its a good idea for me to get the rp500 or will it not work and/or sound horrible with my roland microcube? What do you suggest I do.... buy a nic eamp first or can I just go ahead and get the rp500?
Quote by rich_sg
I've been here nearly 4 years now. I get no respect.

Quote by xCobainx
Respect in the pit?

Lol

Pink Floyd is The Best
Effects and modellers won't sound good when played through digital modelling amps... It's the reason I'm replacing my Cube for a new amp. Definitely save up for a nice amp first...
is a miscocube a modelling amp? what is that? what type of amp should i get then?
Quote by rich_sg

Quote by xCobainx
Respect in the pit?

Lol

Pink Floyd is The Best
what amp need I get for like $600 dolalrs max because I am not made of money.
Quote by rich_sg

Quote by xCobainx
Respect in the pit?

Lol

Pink Floyd is The Best
Quote by Rooskiy
is a miscocube a modelling amp? what is that? what type of amp should i get then?

it means its digital and copies other amps tones,
and as for what kind of amp, what genres do you play, Im sure theres something good for it for 600
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
^^^ thanks for the reply man.
I play all kinds of stuff.... mainly some heavy metal like metallica, but also pink floyd stuff, scorpions and things of that nature. I do like an amp that has a nice clean channel for every now and then when I play something clean. Any tips?
Quote by rich_sg

Quote by xCobainx
Respect in the pit?

Lol

Pink Floyd is The Best
For the price of an RP500 you could probably upgrade your amp with better results. For metal amps that I know of (never tried any of 'em though) in your price range are Bugera, Vypyr (check out the 60w tube, might not be out yet though), and I believe the B-52 AT-112. Other than that off the top of my head I can't really think of anything, you can always try checking your local classifieds for used gear like Mesa or higher end Peavey stuff. Hope that helps.
Get a new amp definitely.

Maybe a used Peavey Classic 30?
Then run around $400 used I believe or $600 new.

Just make sure to go tube.
XBL-DeeSkank

Schecter C-1 Plus
Ibanez Gio GRX40

Kustom Coupe 36'

Fender AG-15
i'd still say buy the MFX. but rather than run it thru your cube. buy a set of headphones with it. those things sound best that way.

i rarely run my pod XT thru my amp.. i use it strictly for headphone jamming and direct recording.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
B-52, maybe a Bugera
Idk about there cleans though, but theyve got the gain you need
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
how can i make sure the amp i am getting is a tube amp? is it written somewhere on them?
Quote by rich_sg

Quote by xCobainx
Respect in the pit?

Lol

Pink Floyd is The Best
If you look in the back of the amp you'll see a line of tubes

Like so

XBL-DeeSkank

Schecter C-1 Plus
Ibanez Gio GRX40

Kustom Coupe 36'

Fender AG-15
^Most of the time.

Except for my Blues Junior :P
XBL-DeeSkank

Schecter C-1 Plus
Ibanez Gio GRX40

Kustom Coupe 36'

Fender AG-15
what do the tubes look like that pic doesnt work. thanks for the help btw.
Quote by rich_sg

Quote by xCobainx
Respect in the pit?

Lol

Pink Floyd is The Best
I would get the Palomino v50 from musiciansfriend and spend a bit on an overdrive pedal, that will get you into Metallica territory.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
can those tubes ever break? are they expensive to replace if that happens?
Quote by rich_sg

Quote by xCobainx
Respect in the pit?

Lol

Pink Floyd is The Best
Sure they can break if treated poorly. Just like anything else. They usually cost anywhere from $10 - $100 each depending on quality.

They can get hot and need to breath so usually if you are looking at an amp you can find them by looking because the back of the amp will not be closed off.

If you go to Guitarcenter.com you can search on amp by Tube, Hybrid, Solid state, etc. Search on some tube amps in your price range and look at the pictures. They often have pictures of the back of the unit. Key terms in the specs are usually 6L6 or EL34 power tubes and 12AX7 preamp tubes.

The B-52 are on hella sale right now. Check it.