So personally, i'm confused on what to do when EQing my guitar with my rhythm guitarists.

He uses a Line 6 Spider Valve, and i use a Mesa Dual rectifier.
I'm lead guitar he's rhythm.

So here's the deal. Should his guitar sound more trebbly/more bassy/same as mine? Or what. I'm not too sure about how to approach it.

At the moment, my Mesa is sounding quite Fattt. I'm not too sure on the settings exactly, but i think mine are something like...

Bass: 2.30
Mid: 12 o'clock
Treble: 1 clock.
Master: 12 clock.
Presence: 8 o'clock
Gain: 2.30

I'm still trying to get my "perfect" sound out of this thing but have stuck with this, for now.

We play Metal/Hardcore. Kind of like, Parkway drive, As blood runs black meets killswitch kind of thing.

Any help on what we should do to make it sound tighter sounding when we play together? Should i up my mids to around 1 - 2 clock maybe? Should other guitarist reduce his mids to get a more bassy sound?
Sweet.
I think you should try and match the rhythm tones and get them as close as possible. When you play a lead bust on an OD pedal or something similar. Are you playing with an OD at the moment? I've seen Parkway multiple times and I'm pretty sure that they had had an MXR GT OD in front of their rec's everytime. But then again they could have just been borrowing gear.

Well good luck .
Go Parkway!!
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
Fellow parkway fan, love it. I'll be sure to pm you with a demo of our songs in a months time when's everythings finished

It's just live settings. Can't seem to work it out. I'll try your tip. Although would that sound okay with harmonies and things? I often harmonise alot of things.
I'm not using an OD, but am considering get one when i get some spare cash. At the moment, i use just the solo boost button on the Rec, as i come to a solo.
Sweet.
In a live setting your both going to want to raise your mids to at least 1 o clock. An OD is one of the best investments ever on high gain tube amps. I've never played a mesa before but my OD really brings my ENGL and Krank to life. It just tightens everything up and gives you an overall fuller sound. I love mine!

Well are we talking lead is in solo's or lead as in the intro to frostbite and five months? If its the secondary then you definately want your tones as close as possible. If its for solo's *and the tapping parts* then you want your tone to stand out a little and an OD would give you that soaring lead tone thats required to stand out.

Can't wait for the demo mate!
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
Ok thanks alot for the help matey.

Welll bit of both really. Think breaking point intro. Lot's of definition between the rhythm and lead tones. But yeah i'll try what you said, get close tones and i guess i'll tweak from there.
Sweet.
Having the bass higher than the treble and mids is never a good idea.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Having the bass higher than the treble and mids is never a good idea.

especially on a Mesa
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man
especially on a Mesa Rectifier

Fixed.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
wow . . . talk about a quality gap/chasm between two amps

I dont expect you have trouble being heard over him, ey :p
^The Spider Valve is fine for an amp (although you're right about the Recto being better built), and there is no volume difference as long as they use the same volume settings.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores