Im trying to find a good set of single pickups that have gold covers like the neck pickups on a tele...and when i mean good i want a bright clean tone
What guitar and amp do you have? What's your budget?
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
ive got a cube 60, and a no name strat copy that i aqcuired. its in good shape, the neck connection is pretty good, and ive touched up all the wiring so its not a bad guitar (except for the pickups) its just that im doing it black and gold and it would nice to have gold pickups aswell...budget is probably up to $180AU for the set pushing 200 if they are really good
Last edited by BucketHayden at Jan 6, 2009,
I would worry about pickups later, they're not as big of a factor of your tone as your amp is and pickups don't make a very big difference with modeling amps. However if you just want to get some gold pickup covers just search them on Google, you should find some for pretty cheap, I found sets for about $15.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
Quote by thsrayas
I would worry about pickups later, they're not as big of a factor of your tone as your amp is and pickups don't make a very big difference with modeling amps. However if you just want to get some gold pickup covers just search them on Google, you should find some for pretty cheap, I found sets for about $15.

^ +1

However after you do upgrade your amp, you could get some gold lipsticks from Guitar Fetish... I hear those are really nice clean and jangly...
cheers music mike for actually refering me to pickups hahaha....but the pickups do mater now because i play the odd live on my friends Marshall stack (hes mega rich) so it still matters
here, i tried searching for some gold tele pickups for you.. just check the links..

http://store.guitarfetish.com/altepigocovi.html

i tried dimarzio, seymour duncan, and stew-mac but they didn't have gold tele pickups..
Gear:

PRS SE Standard
Ibanez AEG8E-NT w/ Seymour Duncan Woody SC
Yupangco Classical Guitar
Korg AX5G
Marshall MG50DFX
Vox Pathfinder 15R
cheers bredren...im super stoked becoz guitarfetish ship to australia !!!! i was wondering tho if the GFS pickups are any good?
yup, actually they're quite a good buy. if it's the gold cover you're after, then go for it.
but it will wear out eventually because it's only a plate.
as far as shipping fee is concerned, would it be more practical if you get a seymour duncan or dimarzio?.. they have chrome/nickel covered ones..
what i'm trying to say is that the pickup from guitarfetish+shipping would be near the price of other pickup brands which have a more solid reputation..
in any case, i haven't heard any bad stuff about the GFS pickups..
Gear:

PRS SE Standard
Korg AX5G
Marshall MG50DFX
Vox Pathfinder 15R
oops..sorry.. i just check the shipping fee.. guitar fetish is definitely cheaper.. go for it if you want..
Gear:

PRS SE Standard
Korg AX5G
Marshall MG50DFX
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Pickups do matter but it doesn't change that the Cube is still a lower end modeling amp and that TS would be better off with a new amp instead of new pickups.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
i think it it's ok if he'd get the pickups first then invest on a new amp.. i pickups cost only around $40.. it's relatively not that costly.. then he could save up again for a good amp..

cheers!
Gear:

PRS SE Standard
Korg AX5G
Marshall MG50DFX
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Does the gold cover give more to the tone or does it just look fancy? I have Humbuckers on a Z2 Series Sozo Guitar, check 'em out at
Sozoguitars.com Will the Gibson Les Paul Gold Covers fit over these?
if the pickup cover is plastic, it won't have any tonal effect.. but if the pickup cover is nickel or gold plated (which are made from nickel or silver), it would have a little effect on the treble output. the pickup cover might also protect the pickup coils from sweat, picking, or any liquid spill for that instance, as well as added shielding against noise.
Gear:

PRS SE Standard
Korg AX5G
Marshall MG50DFX
Vox Pathfinder 15R