Hey, Im an actor and although I know we have little to no actors on this site, I do know we have many smart, diverse people on this site. I have been in a couple of movies as an extra and have modeled before as well along with school play experience. I just got picked to be in a student film which my acting teacher at my college told me is a big deal. Does anyone think it is possible for me to go from being in a student film to becoming an actor in hollywood? Thanks in advance for all of your inputs
Life is a film, you the film maker
I act and I'm afraid, whilst I support you fully, your chances of going straight from student film to hollywood are practically zero. Get yourself involved in any local independant cinema scene and go from there.

EDIT-Look into the local theatre scene as well, the more experience you have the better.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
it all depends, many well known actors start out on small budget/studant films
but if your not that good of an actor/have "the look" then its not likely but you say you have modeled so that must be taken care of.
I say go for it, no point in not trying.
what movies have you been an extra in ?
" Did You know, in Tibet, if they want something, do you know what they do? They give something away."

"Do they ? That must be why they're such a dominant global power."
Well, if you're good at being an extra, that's all you'll ever be. Try standing out more.

Also, if you're good, then everything will work out fine.
You have to start small, if no one knows who you are at all, then theres even a smaller chance of you making it big. It's the same way with music, how can you become popular and get signed to a big company if no one knows of you being in anything?
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
Thanks guys. The movie im in is called Crossbay Boulevard. I am the lead role in this movie. To answer someone elses question, I have been an extra in Stuart Little 2, Anger Mangement, and The Winning Season which comes out this year. I have also done a publicity show for HBO when I was younger and believe it or not, i have modeled with kate mossbefore she was a crack addict, funny isnt it? lol
Thanks guys. The movie im in is called Crossbay Boulevard. I am the lead role in this movie. To answer someone elses question, I have been an extra in Stuart Little 2, Anger Mangement, and The Winning Season which comes out this year. I have also done a publicity show for HBO when I was younger and believe it or not, i have modeled with kate moss before she was a crack addict, funny isnt it? lol
ya man just keep at it, can't get no where if you don't expose yourself.
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
Quote by Aikoe

no...

lol, he he. What, you never heard of a white kid who lives in the projects before? I was fifteen when this picture was taken, Im nineteen now and not much has changed other than Im in the national guard and I act and go to college. make of it what you will.
Last edited by ~DeadPoetsNow~ at Jan 6, 2009,
Quote by captaincrunk
join that 2nd city improve thing, my friend did that before going into the navy and he could have made it into movies with his experience (He wanted to be a theatre teacher instead, he's a man of simple ambitions)

Thats cool that you bring that up. Im actually in the national guard.
It is possible, and however unlikely it is, if you are good enough, and trying hard enough to find a job in movie industry, you will find it.
PURPLE IS SEXY
Quote by ~DeadPoetsNow~
Thats cool that you bring that up. Im actually in the national guard.

I gave your profile a view to see what school you were attending,m and it told me, thats why i mentioned it. He's got skills, and I can say a lot of it is talent and charisma, but I think that the 2nd city improv thing really helped him, and got him something for a resume that makes people say, wow, this guy is committed, and doesn't expect to get by on looks
it is very unlikely that you will jump right from student films to hollywood.

but doing it will give you experience, and the more experience you have, the better chance you will get noticed.
Quote by daytripper75
it is very unlikely that you will jump right from student films to hollywood.

but doing it will give you experience, and the more experience you have, the better chance you will get noticed.

Oh, of course. I never had it on my mind that this one thing would jumpstart me into superstardom. But do student films get looked at by hollywood directors of producers?
Quote by ~DeadPoetsNow~
Oh, of course. I never had it on my mind that this one thing would jumpstart me into superstardom. But do student films get looked at by hollywood directors of producers?

yes! of course! they scout you out so they can try to rope you into a cheap contract before you command any money, so they are always watching indie flicks and student films and the like
Cool, thanks for the info. That really does suprise me though that they actually take the time to look at a no name directors movie. I guess hollywood isnt a bunch of aholes like i thought. hehe