Hey, i'm kinda a noob at some guitar things, so i just wanna get this straightened out.
Whats is the diference between a studio les paul and a normal les Paul???
Gear

Guitars
Ibanez ART 300
Squier Strat
Godin 12 string Antique cedarburst
Ibanez RGD 320

Amps
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60W
Peavey Solo 15 W
Fender 10 W

Effects
Dunlop GCB - 95 Crybaby wah
Boss DD-7 Digital Delay
Boss MT-2 Distortion
gibson would say the studio isnt as aesthetically pleasing, as opposed to the other ones, which are meant to be on stage, so they should look better. (no binding and different finishes)
i havent actually compared them enough personally to be able to tell you any other sonic differences though.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Last edited by chea_man at Jan 6, 2009,
Erm, good question, i'm not too sure myself, and i have LP Studio! lol!
I think the standards will be more suited to touring, to take a bit more of a beating, whearas the studios will probably be thicker, "better shaped" wood, suitable for getting better tones out of, in the studio. I think.

just a guess. i'd be intersted to know, if anyone does!
you get brighter sound out of a studio theyre lighter also but would will dent easily
Want something that looks like spam but is actually legit?! Well I have the thing for you. Nah dude, I actually get legit MS points from this and do like 2 surveys and you can get about 400.

http://www.points2shop.com/?ref=EmoSlayer
Quote by theotherguy7145
Erm, good question, i'm not too sure myself, and i have LP Studio! lol!
I think the standards will be more suited to touring, to take a bit more of a beating, whearas the studios will probably be thicker, "better shaped" wood, suitable for getting better tones out of, in the studio. I think.

Not really... standards don't really sound any different. Biggest difference are the pickups and some cosmetics, studios use a plain maple top while standards use a figured maple top, and studios don't have binding. Size and weight are about the same, studio might be slight bit thinner than the standard but it wasn't anything I really noticed. I'm talking about the Gibson at least. The Epiphone les paul studio is tiny in comparison to the standard.

Also hardware is different, studios have chrome plated hardware whereas standards have nickel plated hardware. This might not seem like a big deal but the nickel plated hardware ages much more nicely than the chrome plated hardware.

Quote by Emo-Slayer
you get brighter sound out of a studio theyre lighter also but would will dent easily

Not really, denting has more to do with the finish. As far as I know, both Gibson les paul studios and standards use a nitrocellulose finish, except for faded models which use a satin finish. Of course, I stopped paying attention to these sorts of specs 4 years or so ago so I may not be completely up to date on everything.

Play every guitar before you buy it. I haven't played two les pauls that have felt or sounded the exact same.
Last edited by al112987 at Jan 6, 2009,
al112987 seems to know what hes talking about! I'll trust him, cos he has GIBSON as his picture thingy! xD

Thanks!