Page 1 of 2

When did the word gay replace the words to describe things that aren't normal or different?

I hear it a lot more.

I bought a new Pink Floyd jacket. Gay.

Another one of my Pink Floyd jackets had a rainbow (The spectrum). Gay. It's ****ing Pink Floyd, come on.

Got a new pair of shoes.

Gay.

I am a straight male.

And it's probably offensive to gays, because it's used to describe something supposedly bad.

/Rant

I know, this thread is pretty gay.
I love Foxy Shazam more than you.

▲ ▲

You're just noticing this now? It's been around for years and has even started to die out slightly now.
Yeah, I hear it quite a bit, and I use it myself. I respect gays and lesbians too. It's just a word. If someone is offended by it, I just won't say it then.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Those shoes are pretty gay.

And so is coloured text.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
I try not to use it but it slips out every now and then.

It's wrong, IMO.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
that rant was pretty gay tbh...

just joking, yeah it does happen a lot, not a term i use that often though.
I thought "gay" just meant anything bad in any way?

Well, I guess MANLY STRAIGHT MEN see gay people as weak and feminine. Thus, if they describe something as gay, they are implying that it is weak while simultaneously boosting their e-penis growth.
stop being so straight about it you hetero
Quote by Td_Nights
*Points to Above Poster*

Best. Username. Ever.

Quote by _-Joey-_
I wish I was gay...

PSN- td_rules Steam- tdrules
I don't see how objects can be gay.
Her friends are gazing on her,
And on her gaudy bier,
And weep!-oh! to dishonor
Dead beauty with a tear!
They loved her for her wealth-
And they hated her for her pride-
But she grew in feeble health,
And they love her-that she died.
Quote by coryklok
Gay.

See, this is what I'm talking about, you're just an ass. What a fine ass you are. Speaking of asses, have you seen the ass on Indiana Jones? Damnnnn.

And is this text color better?

▲ ▲

Those shoes are straight up homo so Ill assume your jacket is too
Quote by deli_creep

*PEAR*

if i get banned....it was worth it.
Quote by Liam4
You're just noticing this now? It's been around for years and has even started to die out slightly now.

This.

I don't think there is anything wrong with calling things gay. I say we find a new degrading word for homosexuals.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
Because people are so egotistical and homophobic, they're worried of someone accusing them to be gay, so they attract attention away from themselves by inflicting suspicion unto others.

Which is pretty gay.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
When used with a derisive attitude (e.g. "that was so gay"), the word gay is pejorative. While retaining its other meanings, it has also acquired "a widespread current usage" amongst young people, as a general term of disparagement.[13][14] This pejorative usage has its origins in the late 1970s. Beginning in the 1980s and especially in the late 1990s, the usage as a generic insult became common among young people.
Quote by OzarkMDaredevil
See, this is what I'm talking about, you're just an ass. What a fine ass you are. Speaking of asses, have you seen the ass on Indiana Jones? Damnnnn.

And is this text color better?

Much better

MC name = Bearrorism
Quote by sashki
I thought "gay" just meant anything bad in any way?

Well, I guess MANLY STRAIGHT MEN see gay people as weak and feminine. Thus, if they describe something as gay, they are implying that it is weak while simultaneously boosting their e-penis growth.

'79 Fender Deluxe Reverb
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez TS9, Keeley TS9 Baked Mod
Zendrive

LOOOOOK INTOOOOOO THEEEE PICCCTUREEEEEEEEE

Member of UG's Gain Whores - pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by imdeth
We should start referring to things we don't like as "hetero".

That is so straight.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by _-Joey-_
I wish I was gay...

did somebody say feckin sigged
Quote by Td_Nights
*Points to Above Poster*

Best. Username. Ever.

Quote by _-Joey-_
I wish I was gay...

PSN- td_rules Steam- tdrules
I have nothing against gays, never will, but as far as im concerned if they can't get over the fact that I use the word to describe something then they don't have to be my friend. After all, it's just a word. If they can't get over the fact I'm not using it against what they are or im not using it towards them then that's not my problem. It's just a word i've become used to saying.
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
Quote by AthenasGhost
I have nothing against gays, never will, but as far as im concerned if they can't get over the fact that I use the word to describe something then they don't have to be my friend. After all, it's just a word. If they can't get over the fact I'm not using it against what they are or im not using it towards them then that's not my problem. It's just a word i've become used to saying.

This is how I feel. 100%

I can't wait until I catch a homosexual calling someone retarded.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
Quote by sashki
Yes. You can read it in UG Black Theme (which is used by 30% more Ugers) without highlighting the text.

Hmmm, good point.

▲ ▲

ENOUGH with the stealth text!

please

i have to highlight it to read it. WHAT IS THE ACTUAL POINT!!!!?!?!?
Quote by imdeth
This object is pretty gay.

>_>

Lol, thanks.
Her friends are gazing on her,
And on her gaudy bier,
And weep!-oh! to dishonor
Dead beauty with a tear!
They loved her for her wealth-
And they hated her for her pride-
But she grew in feeble health,
And they love her-that she died.
double sig.
'79 Fender Deluxe Reverb
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez TS9, Keeley TS9 Baked Mod
Zendrive

LOOOOOK INTOOOOOO THEEEE PICCCTUREEEEEEEEE

Member of UG's Gain Whores - pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by woMANintheBOX19
I don't see how objects can be gay.

?

Quote by imdeth
This object is pretty gay.

>_>

I was in a gay shop once and there was this HUUUGE dildo and I thought: "Dammit, that thing is as long as my forearm." Then I looked to the right and there was a rubber forearm right next to it. Creepy as hell.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Jan 6, 2009,
What other word is useful to describe a fanny pack?
Famous last words are for men who never said enough. - Anonymous
Gear
Agile 3000 Rootbeer slim
Vox Valvetronix VT30
Takamine GS430S Acoustic
This has been going on for so long that I'm not sure how to respond.
The DSOTM one makes sense though. The rainbows are different, but most people associate any rainbow with "Gay Pride."
Still, you're just noticing this?
Quote by Tire Me.
Raping her in front of other people would be morally wrong.

Quote by Bubbles516
wtf290 uses make bubbles feel like crap
Its super effective!
Page 1 of 2