I noticed we didn't have an NBA thread but we had one for other sports, so I thought I'd start one. Any basketball fans out there on UG?

My team's always been in the Toronto Raptors ever since I can remember, even though they're garb. They've been playing better lately though. I also gotta love my boys Steve Nash, Shaq and the Suns.

Who do you think's the favourite to win it this year? I'm gonna give it to the Lakers

This threads for discussing anything and everything to do with NBA Basketball
I love the Spurs, but the Lakers will probably win it this year. Toronto has Bosh and J. O'neil, I like using that team on NBA live.

Anyone else play NBA Live 2009 on xbox live?? message me if so.
Phoenix Suns.
Fvck the Spurs all the way to hell. Bunch of weeping vaginas.
This is a clever, witty signature. Rofl at my glory.
Hornets are my favorite team because of location obligation, Suns are next, and then the Bobcats because DJ Augustin went to my school.
Hey, big NBA fan here

I'm a Celtics fan, and I'm confident in the title this year, even considering the bad results for the last 2 weeks or so. The Lakers and Cavs are also big contenders (and also Orlando).

Aside from the Celtics, I really like to watch the Portland Blazers. They have a great (and young) team that's really fun to watch.
Gear:

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Boss ME-20
Boss DS-1
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Washburn South Side Jr.
Dunlop Jazz III XL picks

R.I.P. Rick Wright
Atlanta Hawks are my team, but despite starting out so strong they resorted to their typical suck pretty quickly. Now they're doing alright, but they won't be winning this year. Even though I can't stand Kevin Garnett and the Celtics, my money is on them (not literally...).
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
There is an NBA thread, but I won't report I've done a lot of that today and I don't want to piss off the mods.

I like the knicks
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Quote by xkingd117x
Phoenix Suns.
Fvck the Spurs all the way to hell. Bunch of weeping vaginas.

Look who is jealous that they can't beat the Spurs ever, not in the regular season and not in the post-season either haha. That Christmas day game must have sucked for you.
I'm the #1 Pacer fan in the state of Indiana. Danny Granger is going to be an all-star this year, and Mike Dunleavy is going to be back on Wednesday. My second favorite team is the Spurs, because Tim Duncan is my favorite player.
I love the Lakers, have since I was like 7.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
Quote by pacersfan712
Look who is jealous that they can't beat the Spurs ever, not in the regular season and not in the post-season either haha. That Christmas day game must have sucked for you.
I'm the #1 Pacer fan in the state of Indiana. Danny Granger is going to be an all-star this year, and Mike Dunleavy is going to be back on Wednesday. My second favorite team is the Spurs, because Tim Duncan is my favorite player.

That was one of the best Christmas day games I've ever seen. How you guys liking T.J. down in Indy?
Da Bulls. Da Bulls. Da Bulls. Da Bulls.

I don't follow the NBA as much as the NFL and MLB, but it is fun to watch and play b-ball. From the games I've seen I think the Lakers have the best chance of winning the finals this year. I think the Celtics will definitely put up a fight though, and I like them a lot.
Quote by metalhead39
That was one of the best Christmas day games I've ever seen. How you guys liking T.J. down in Indy?

We like TJ a lot, but hes been hurt lately with back spasms, but I didnt honestly think he could go the whole season without injury anyway. Jarret Jack and Roy Hibbert have been great for us as of late.
That Christmas Day game was amazing, but its not the best I've ever seen, it's the best I have seen this season. If you remember back to the first round of the playoffs last year and the Spurs were playing Phoenix, and in game 1 the spurs had to hit 3 buzzer beaters, the first three to send it into overtime by Michael Finley, the second three by Tim Duncan to send it into a second overtime, and finally a driving off-balance shot by Manu Ginobli to win the game. That was the best game I had seen in awhile. I like the Spurs because they play like a team, and are very fundamentally sound.
Last edited by pacersfan712 at Jan 6, 2009,
Quote by pacersfan712
We like TJ a lot, but hes been hurt lately with back spasms, but I didnt honestly think he could go the whole season without injury anyway. Jarret Jack and Roy Hibbert have been great for us as of late.

I loved TJ when he was here, but the thing is he tries to completely take over the game on his own in the 4th quarter and 9 outta 10 times it costs his team a win. That **** drove me ****ing nuts when he was a Raptor. Has he been doing that for you at all?

By the way, the Raptors haven't had a player with the heart and passion for the game of Jermaine O'Neal since Charles Oakley
My favorite team is the Pistons! They are doing better now since Stuckey is a PG... Allen Iverson is my favorite player tied with Kobe. The Lakers are my 2nd fav and they should win it all this year!
XBL GT: WILDWAYNE001
add me if you wish...
i'm a Sixers fan, if i have to pick a team. i hardly follow basketball though. it just doesn't interest me.
Quote by metalhead39
I loved TJ when he was here, but the thing is he tries to completely take over the game on his own in the 4th quarter and 9 outta 10 times it costs his team a win. That **** drove me ****ing nuts when he was a Raptor. Has he been doing that for you at all?

By the way, the Raptors haven't had a player with the heart and passion for the game of Jermaine O'Neal since Charles Oakley

^haha, I liked JO a lot while he was in Indy because he was a nice guy, but he's way to injury prone and he's just not the player he was during the seasons 02-05. Honestly, you probably won't like hearing this since you're a raptors fan, but I'm pretty sure we got the way better end of that trade. Rasho is a great facilitating center that has some range, TJ is great when he's healthy, and Roy Hibbert is starting to turn into a monster inside and he's got some offensive skills. JO isn't giving you guys much to cheer about in Toronto, and you had to take on his awful contract. The Pacers have a clear future with the core of TJ, Danny, Dunleavy, Hibbert, and Brandon Rush. It doesn't look so great for you guys, especially if Bosh leaves in 2010.
To answer you're question about TJ, he's not really the leader of this team, it's obviously Granger, but I can recall two instances where TJ was the person taking the last shot to win the game, and he missed wide open shots both times.
Quote by WILDWAYNE001
My favorite team is the Pistons! They are doing better now since Stuckey is a PG... Allen Iverson is my favorite player tied with Kobe. The Lakers are my 2nd fav and they should win it all this year!

BLECH! Pistons fans ruined the Pacers championship year. They would have definitely won the finals that year if that idiot would not have thrown a cup on Ron Ron. Ben Wallace is an idiot as well. I mean i respect Tayshaun Prince, because hes an underrated player, and Rip Hamilton is the only player to play the game like Reggie Miller did, but I hate Pistons fans and Sheed.
Quote by metalhead39

Don't forget the added bonus of punching fans in the face with no remorse
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Quote by pacersfan712
^haha, I liked JO a lot while he was in Indy because he was a nice guy, but he's way to injury prone and he's just not the player he was during the seasons 02-05. Honestly, you probably won't like hearing this since you're a raptors fan, but I'm pretty sure we got the way better end of that trade. Rasho is a great facilitating center that has some range, TJ is great when he's healthy, and Roy Hibbert is starting to turn into a monster inside and he's got some offensive skills. JO isn't giving you guys much to cheer about in Toronto, and you had to take on his awful contract. The Pacers have a clear future with the core of TJ, Danny, Dunleavy, Hibbert, and Brandon Rush. It doesn't look so great for you guys, especially if Bosh leaves in 2010.
To answer you're question about TJ, he's not really the leader of this team, it's obviously Granger, but I can recall two instances where TJ was the person taking the last shot to win the game, and he missed wide open shots both times.

You have no idea how much I miss Rasho. Truly one of the best role players in the game. However, I think the trade was great for both teams. You got a nice core of young players and unloaded O'Neal's huge contract, while Jermaine has worked wonders for our interior defense this year and has freed Bosh from double teams which really opens things up for his game.

As for 2010, that's the year that O'Neal's 22 million dollar contract comes off the books, as well as Bosh's. That will be PLENTY of money to not only resign Chris Bosh, but Steve Nash has also expressed interest in coming here in 2010. Even in his old age, he will be an excellent backup and mentor to Calderon. There's also a whole slew of other big name free agents that year as we all know. Colangelo's not stupid, he knows exactly what he was doing with that trade.
Quote by pacersfan712
BLECH! Pistons fans ruined the Pacers championship year. They would have definitely won the finals that year if that idiot would not have thrown a cup on Ron Ron. Ben Wallace is an idiot as well. I mean i respect Tayshaun Prince, because hes an underrated player, and Rip Hamilton is the only player to play the game like Reggie Miller did, but I hate Pistons fans and Sheed.

You gotta admit though, for a fan of neither team, that was incredibly entertaining

You guys definitely were the favourites to win the finals that year, it's a real shame how something as fragile as a plastic cup could shatter such a powerful team.