i want to by the mt2 pedal and since but it doesn't come with the ac adapter. I seen the adapter and i got some AC adapters in my house that seem to fit in the pedal, look similar.
The question is if this will work or safe to do?

Thanks
Well, as far as I understand it, the thing that will mess up your pedal is too high a voltage with the adapter, so any 9v adapter should be fine as long as it actually fits with the pedal.
BE CAREFUL make sure its 9v, i blew out my metal Muff bc i tried a ac adapter that was too big. So for me its no metal for a while. Its worth buying a Ac pedal adapter for like 15$ then risking breaking your pedal
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Elitist Paul Mccartney Texan
Orange Tiny Terror
Vox Valvetronix AD 30
Vox V847 Wah
Metal Muff EQ (broken )
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal

Me playing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0unpDZFIWA
Quote by pak1351
Match voltage, more ma should be provided by the adapter than the pedal needs.

After that, as long as it fits

Yes, like mine. From 2 to 12. There is this polarity thing...left or right? Or doesn't matter
MAKE SURE IT'S NEGATIVE CENTERPIN. Are you sure it's not DC? Most are.
ok thanks guys. For now i will use the battery, When it runs out i will plug the ac adapter.
Quote by BGSM
MAKE SURE IT'S NEGATIVE CENTERPIN. Are you sure it's not DC? Most are.

Its an AC-DC universal, and in the instructions says its ok. Thanks.

The pedal sounds good.
Check the adapter and your pedal. If the voltage doesn't match, don't use it. I blew my Digitech Bad Monkey this way.
RULE BRITANNIA
match

volts
milliAmps (mA) or as mentioned make sure adapter is rated higher then pedal
polarity

also, most pedals need a good battery to operate well regardless so waiting for the battery to run out is pointless. Get it figured it out now.
ok ive choose 9V and negative polarity. It worked for the time i was playing. I dont need to change anything now right? (like to 12V etc...)
Whenever you use a non-specific adapter you should always measure the no-load voltage first, I've seen 9V wall-warts that are pumped up to 15V or more without a load. A simple way to look at it is that some are rated for x-mA at x-voltage (VA rating). So if you have an adapter rated for 9V at 300mA, it may be pumping 13 or so into your 100mA load.
My Stuff:
Austin Strat Copy - Lefty
(New and Improved with Bill Lawrence 290/280 Pickups)
MIM Telecaster - Lefty
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
TS-9 with a few mods
Dunlop GCB-95 Wah