I currently ran into a snag with my amp and out of the blue I noticed a tear in my left speaker (behind a metal grate, I'm completely baffled how this happened). I'm thinking of taking it to the repair place it came from three or so weeks ago, because I have reason to believe they did it. I'm worried about doing more damage by repairing it myself with paper and nail polish, and since there is an ohm level and impedence switch on my amp, is there a way to make only the good speaker work without harming the amp? I have a Carvin Legacy, btw...
"Don't panic, everything is falling neatly out of order"
- Douglas Adams
Bump...
- Douglas Adams
What is the ohms resistance of the good speaker, the ohms resistance output of the amp, the wattage of the amp, and the wattage the speaker can handle?
What is the resistance of the speakers? If you can change the wattage and resistance on the amps output, you should be fine then if you disconnect the bad speaker and use a new cable for only one speaker (Just to prevent anything accidentally happening).
Hmmm, DC resistance, Re: 7.3Ω & 12.9Ω
Is that it? And what do you mean new cable, new speaker wire hookups?
- Douglas Adams
Quote by Otnip
Hmmm, DC resistance, Re: 7.3Ω & 12.9Ω
Is that it? And what do you mean new cable, new speaker wire hookups?

New cable, unless you can remove the hook up from the bad speaker. That bit on the resistance of the current one puzzles me, it should be on the label.