Alright so for christmas I got a guitar and it's a Laguna Le122 and it comes with a Line 6 Spider III 15w amp. Now we don't exactly have the money to pay for lessons seeing they are expensive. I was wondering if I could get some help with figuring out how to play guitar and I figure coming here to ask for hekp would be the best Idea.

Now I can alternate pick and do an okay job at economy though I don't like it very much. I can play a few scales like a 2 octave C major and a 2 octive pentatonic though if I'm correct I might be wrong but you can move the pentatonic where ever with out changing its shape. But anyways other then that I'm pretty bad... lol

Any and all help is greatly appreciated
learn some major chords,G A D C E Em Am F and maybe B
then power chords
learn some songs
pulloffs/hammerons
most or all of it is in the UGG
trust me,im self tought and alot of people say im the best in my school
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
Any Software that would be good to download that could possible help with learning?
If I am playing a pentatonic scale in Drop D does it look like this?

|-15-12---------------------------------------------|
|----------15-12------------------------------------|
|------------------14-12----------------------------|
|---------------------------14-12-------------------|
|------------------------------------14-12----------|
|---------------------------------------------17-14-|
for software,try power tab so you can here the songs (free )
you shouldn't double post.
i think it is, if you drop each note 1 step
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
Alright- so It's pretty late here and I'm sick so.. If nobody give you some in depth advice on a practice routine ///the basics I'll fill you in -if you want- tomorrow sometime. The 7th
- to Make ourselves more than we are
Alright. so It's been awhile-- But now I actually have time to write you something a little more in depth.

Yes you can move the pentatonic anywhere without changing the shapes *moving it around only changes the key that you are soloing-or playing in*

What I have my students do ( not that I'm a big time teacher or anything)

*Have them learn a pentatonic. Eventually all of the pentatonics (and then add in some out of scale notes/tricks)

Then- Full bar chords (these will help you in the long run with chord playing)

Then- a song.. use a tab from here, notes are really better in the long run, but much much much more difficult to learn and master. Which is why 90% of guitar players.. or so it seems play/read solely from tabs.

This is how I set up my lesson-

I'll send you a message with more information on practice if you decide that you would like more guidance. I'm not a pro, but I'll hopefully be able to point you in the right direction.
- to Make ourselves more than we are
Try out some of those Rock Method DVD's they helped me out alot when I first started
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor