Page 1 of 2
My old apartment the neighbors next door never complained and the people in there 20's upstairs never complained, and played music loud but I never cared cause it wasn't super late or super loud. This new apartment sucks. A guy just moved in upstairs and is bitching about it. I heard people up there before he moved in and thought it was people but it was just people working up there. His footsteps sound like he was purposely stomping, I think I should complain about that. Not his nor my fault they didn't insulate the floors but my amp can't be set that low its a 120 watt and its either off completely and I can't start going up with the volume. It kind of goes from 0 right to 3 volume. I'm not saying in an apartment I should be at full volume but jeez I can here the strings over the amp when I set it low. Anyone share this problem?
people who live in apartment and play guitar, live in a apartment and play guitar
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

Have courtesy man apartment walls are thin, use headphones

EDIT: Especially because you have a freaking 120 watt amp, you do not need to use that much power for a friggan apartment, it's not a bar that you're playing at, you're practicing at home.

This is why people buy 15-30 watt practice amps.
Quote by archangels666
Find me someone who doesn't do that and I'll show you a man humping a hippopotamus.

Quote by Vigilantius
High chairs are for little girls. My kids eat gravel off of bare concrete.

Last edited by Angus77 at Jan 6, 2009,
No, I use headphones.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Words of wisdom Toast. Words of wisdom.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
just buy an 10watt practise amp
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

Get an acoustic.
Quote by Adam...?
I generally try to avoid being that guy, but I'm not going to lie to you, it's possible that I shit in a friend's dresser once.

Quote by Jackintehbox
Coke tastes like a can of smashed assholes, so yes there is a difference.

I am USUALLY the nicest one here.
hmm that must suck.... try and befriend the new man, or at least talk to him? Tell him you'll play quieter if he stops stomping!
You could have a complaining war, but that's not going to solve anything.

-Smaller practice amp.
-Completely soundproof your apartment, or at least the room your amp is in (maybe not such a bad idea if you plan on staying there for a good long while).
-Headphones.
Last edited by AA00P at Jan 6, 2009,
I'm going to live in an apartment soon but would a .5 watt solid state amp be too loud for an apartment? It's the vox da5 and I can switch it to .5 watts, and I also have an acoustic.
buying a smaller one will not matter, I can set it low its the volume thats the problem. Or do smaller amps not travel as much at the same volume becuase they're smaller?
And Its tough to play guitar with music in headphones.
I live in an apartment and play guitar but i turn it down normally after 8 cause the neighbors apparently accused me of playing after 11 with the amp on and blaring and which was a lie cause if i ever do play later then 11 i have headphones on, So anyway got a warning and next time a fine

An answer to your problem: buy headphones
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
the simple answer here is just getting yourself a nice headset or playing an acoustic.

or you can torch the entire apartment while everyone is sleeping and play your guitar while watching outside.
i like broccoli and long drives at the beach on my segway
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
I do! Infact I play drums and I'm in student accomodation.

Did you lose your arm yet?
Quote by ldiablo233
buying a smaller one will not matter, I can set it low its the volume thats the problem. Or do smaller amps not travel as much at the same volume becuase they're smaller?
And Its tough to play guitar with music in headphones.

eh. do what i do, get a pair of earphones with the volume low (so you don't damage your ears), and plug it into your computer or CD player or whatever playing your music with. Then take a big set of headphones and use those through your guitar. It's uncomfortable, it might wreck your ears, but it works.

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
Orange Tiny Terror (Combo)
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

3DS friend code: 3995-7035-3562
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
No......but I've got a nice shiny hacksaw on my shelf...

Cut your arm off, you'll be playing much better.
I would play all hours of the night with the volume on low on my 30 watt, not a single complaint from even my roommate, t was fantastically low tho
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Too messy....blood everywhere.

I knew you would be scared.

You're such a drummer.
Quote by Oblong6
I knew you would be scared.

You're such a drummer.

Hypothetical question: What if I actually DID cut off my own arm? What would you do then?! x
I have a drumkit in one of my bedrooms and a piano in my living room, but then I pay the mortgage whilst my perfectly healthy neighbours scrounge off the state. If they have a problem they should get off their arses and get a job so they can choose where they live.
“I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live and shut your f*ckin' mouth.” RIP
Http://www.Smash-it-up.tk
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Hypothetical question: What if I actually DID cut off my own arm? What would you do then?! x

I'd give you a hand

my neighbours dont give a ****. But I usually stop playing after 9pm for courtesy issues. But i've never had a problem with any of my neighbours.
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

Be amazed at your awesome drumming skeelz.
I've asked my neighbors if they can hear me when I play, and if it's too loud. They say they never hear it, good enough for me.
Quote by Beakwithteeth
What a coincidence one time I ****ed your cousin in the eye.
You should always try to get the top floor. Get a small SS modelling amp. Tell that fukker to walk quiety or you will crank it.
Last edited by Tempoe at Jan 6, 2009,
Get a much less powerful amp. There is no reason to be shaking the complex down with your talent (or lack thereof.) I would without a doubt complain about you, I guess I'm sort like a crotchety old man.
Quote by RU Experienced?
I'd give you a hand

Not funny!

Quote by Oblong6
Be amazed at your awesome drumming skeelz.

I live in a house so if I had a 100 watt marshall plexi cranked at 10 I don't think anyone would complain, they'll only hear it if they're outside, it'll suck when I have to move into an apartment though.
Quote by HaKattack
SPONGE! BOB! SQUARE! PANTS!

You stole my joke! MYYY JOKE. And it was going to be 5 times more hilarious than your's!
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Page 1 of 2