I can perform the general sweeping technique, I don't have a problem with muting or with finger rolling. I can play 3 string sweeps across the E, B and G strings at a tempo that I'm pretty happy with.
For some reason though, whenever I move on to more than 3 strings I can play at a kind of medium speed, it's not fast and it's not really slow either. Anyone got any tips for speeding myself up?

This is what I'm trying to play

h: Hammer on
p: Pull off
t: Tap

D||---------------------------15h19t24p19p15----------------15h19--
A||-----------------------17-------------------17----17----------
F||-------------------16---------------------------16--------------
C||---------------17----------------------------------------------------
G||-----------19--------------------------------------------------------
C||--17h21------------------------------------------------------------

Every time I try to increase my speed I lose the evenness of my playing and end up playing the notes on the 6th-4th string slowly and the last bit very fast. I also have a tendancy to pull off from the 24th fret too fast when I attempt to break my speed barrier.
Gear List:
B.C. Rich NT Jr. V (With Seymour Duncan AHB-1 Blackout in bridge)
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Marshall MG15DFX
Jazz III picks
DR strings
Planet Waves Cables
Quote by z4twenny
speed is a byproduct of accuracy.

Wow, it's been ages since I've heard that :P

How would you reccomend I practice for achieving the overall speed increase then? At my current "speed limit" I have no problem with accuracy, it's only when I try to surpass that limit that the problems arise.
Gear List:
B.C. Rich NT Jr. V (With Seymour Duncan AHB-1 Blackout in bridge)
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Marshall MG15DFX
Jazz III picks
DR strings
Planet Waves Cables
Quote by LeperAffinity
Wow, it's been ages since I've heard that :P

How would you reccomend I practice for achieving the overall speed increase then? At my current "speed limit" I have no problem with accuracy, it's only when I try to surpass that limit that the problems arise.

Eh, then you DO have problems at your current level. They may just be very small problems that you don't notice immediately. Slow way down and play at extreme low tempos, and carefully observe all of your motions.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
First off, use a metronome if you're not.
Rather than increasing the metronome speed and always playing 16th notes(or
whatever), start at 1/4 notes, then 8ths, triplets, 16ths, pentuplets, ... Make sure
your notes always hit the click on time and evenly.

Finally, I've heard some picking practice advice recently that's a bit different than I
might have used to recommend, but it makes sense and I think it's good advice.
Rather than practicing a single sweep direction as a single continuous stroke, practice
it as a series of discrete strokes. The type of stroke to practice is called a "contact"
or "power" stroke. It's in between a rest stroke and a free stroke. Like a free
stroke, you still use your arm to stop the motion after a pick, but rather than stopping
it 1/2 way between strings, allow it to contact the next string. While it makes
contact with the next string, like a rest stroke, it does not use that contact to stop
the motion -- just contact. It's a subtle, but significant difference.