It's a career I think I may be interested in doing. Right now I'm a Junior in high school...I get good grades and all that. I love Chemistry and Biology which have led me to this option.

How is the work amount? Is it a lot of papers and lab work, or a little but more hands-on stuff?

How many years will your entire college career consist of?

Do you think you'll be able to get a job right out of college?

If you have any other helpful info, please share
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
only info i have mayb is google
Quote by 08don
yes, thank you guitarfreak. free bj for you anytime. just not from me. no homo.
i heard its the best job to start after college. its easy and it pays
Quote by JDbbx
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Quote by jetfuel495
UUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Takamine G Series EG363SC Fund: $400/$499
I've heard it's a really easy job once you actually start (difficult to get into though,) and pays very well.
Other than that, couldn't help you. I do a lot of pills though, so whenever someone around my age asks what I'm planning on being, I say pharmacist.
Quote by Tire Me.
Raping her in front of other people would be morally wrong.

Quote by Bubbles516
wtf290 uses make bubbles feel like crap
Its super effective!
no but i like pretending im doing homework to be one...
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
My cousin and his wife are and they got jobs right away and are making a lot of money. If you have the interest then go for it.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
It's a lot of hard work in college, and of course hard to get into depending where you go. I know here in Connecticut at UCONN (University of Connecticut) you can apply and be a pre-pharm major which isnt too hard to get into, then in your junior year you take an exam to get into the actual pharmacy school.
If you work hard and get into pharmacy school, then you're golden from there. It pays EXTREMELY well and is a great up and coming field, and you will always have a job of course.
Once you have a pharmacy degree you can work in a lot of places, all the way from major pharmaceutical companies like pfizer to stores like Walmart and Rite-Aid, and even though your working in a store it still pays extremely well.

Basically it's an excellent career if you like chemistry and biology and if you're willing to put in the effort.
Its a great sector to go into. Im studying chemistry at uni and hope to become a research scientist at a pharma company such as GSK, Pfizer or any pharma company like that.

With a PhD starting salaries are around £27 000 and can go up to and over £50 000 a year. It pays very well.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
My brother is and I think he loves it. Go for it.
New Setup:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Black SG w/ 3 Hum.)
Peavey Classic 50
EHX Metal Muff
Cry Baby 535Q

"I'm the one that's got to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to"
Jimi Hendrix
my ex girlfriend is studying to be a pharmacist.

6 years

almost guaranteed a job out of school

there is a lot of work though. she is pretty smart, but she was struggling last semester.
Thanks for all the replies.
Yeah, I'm not positive it's what I want to do, but I really want to have a goal for the end of my college career. Doctor would take a little too long (12 years!) So that's why I was thinking phramacist.

Thanks again, and I'll probably talk with my school shrink some about it
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.