i plugged in my guitar and there is no sound. i have a ibanez rg 1527. i also have a epiphone les paul that i was playing on earlier with the exact same amp and cable so there is nothing wrong with the amp or cable.

is this something i can fix?
try playing through your amp with a different guitar.
if its still not working, it could be multiple things, check all your volume knobs, and standby if you have one, and if you have a tube amp maybe the tubes died?
your input jack on your axe could be frigged up, maybe the amp output(kind of unusual though).
or a wire may have been unsawdered
EDIT: i swear your title thread changed...
well yeah the input probably got stripped, you'll need to get a new one.
take it to a tech though
Last edited by stratdud39 at Jan 6, 2009,
****ty dude.. I'd say this is pretty common... connection messed up somewhere in the guitar I guess. at least it isn't your amp! I've had a couple guitars that would cut right out sometimes. my guitar right now, sometimes I have to tap on my volume knob to get it to kick in.. im just too lazy to bother fixing it as it usually works fine anyway.. and I have a new guitar comin. an easy place to check would be right where your patch cord plugs into the guitar.. unscrew the plate for the jack and see if you have solid connections there too... thats what happened to me before.
Quote by 4117
i plugged in my guitar and there is no sound. i have a ibanez rg 1527. i also have a epiphone les paul that i was playing on earlier with the exact same amp and cable so there is nothing wrong with the amp or cable.

is this something i can fix?

It's always something you can fix. Open her up and check all the wiring. If you can't see anything that could be wrong then take her to a git doctor.
I imagine all pickups aren't working so it's probably the input jack. I mean, it could be a few things, but thats the first thing i'd check. Troubleshoot that motherbrutha.

The Gear I Use Most:
Gibson guitars, Les Paul, ES-335, SG and more.
Dunlop Crybaby | Dunlop Volume | Boss TU-2 | Ibanez TS-9 | Maxon AD-999
Planet Waves Custom Leads
Marshall JCM900 (model: 4100 + 4101)

TooJoo The Band
It's probably just an issue with your input jack that you can fix easily by yourself. I'm trying to hunt down one of jj1565's picture posts on how to fix it. One sec...
He just said he tested it with his cable and a different guitar. I was borrowing a low end ibanez from my cousin (I have no Idea if yours is low end or what) and the input jack got messed up. You can take it in for repair if you or a family member doesn't have a soldering iron. But the jack is 99.9% most likely the problem.
Gear-
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland Micro Cube
Les Paul Studio
Ibanez Rg440 Roadster II Series
Gibson Flying V
SE Custom Paul Allender edition
Frankenstrat Replica (that I made)
Guild Madeira Nylon acoustic.
Fender P Bass
Ampeg 1x14