what brand and gauge are the best for me

i play mostly in drop-c and sometimes to standard and drop -d
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
ernie ball skinny top heavy bottom. i have them and are great for all those tunings.

10-13-17-30-42-52. make sure u get ur guitar set up for these strings
Yeah, STHB works great for anything.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
so the ernie ball skinny top heavy bottom is my best bet?

and what do you mean about setting up my guitar ???
BTW i never changed my strings in 1 year (i dont gig that much)
feel free to add me
Setting up as in intonation, checking the truss rod, checking the action on the neck, etc.

I personally use GHS Boomer Super Steel strings on my Baritone and they give it a very thick/strong sound and feel to them. Never tried the Ernie STHB, but I've heard great things about them.

Whatever feels best to you is really what is going to be the best, you could have the most expensive set of strings available on your guitar, but if it doesnt feel right to you, then its pointless.
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.
Quote by Metalcoresoul
Setting up as in intonation, checking the truss rod, checking the action on the neck, etc.

can i do it myself or should my GC do it
feel free to add me
yes i would get those. i mean that you need to take your guitar to a guitar technician and get the action set up and they need to adjust other stuff for your guitar because those strings are a thicker gauge. if u just put them on with out a technician you will go out of tune so fast. you should change your strings at least once a month too even if u dont gig.
Find a tutorial of how to set up your guitar, you should be able to do it yourself unless you're completely useless with simple hand tools.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Quote by hidden132
yes i would get those. i mean that you need to take your guitar to a guitar technician and get the action set up and they need to adjust other stuff for your guitar because those strings are a thicker gauge. if u just put them on with out a technician you will go out of tune so fast. you should change your strings at least once a month too even if u dont gig.

k thx

i'll let my mom take my guitar to my GC tommorow to get it set up
feel free to add me
i do like ernie ball strings. for drop C tho i prefer .12- .52 guage (hardish to find) which pretty much feels like your average drop d guitar with standard .10-.46ish strings on (a little more tension in C). but i think a lot of the heavy bottoms get a little too heavy and those thick thick strings loose some definition. and i dont like anything less than .12 on the highs as well for 1 step down, otherwise its just like playing with pasta. also some guitars nut isnt even big enough on the low E to fit some of these thick strings, ive had to file mine before. sorry for the big explanation but its really just personal preference from trial and error.

i recently just purchased for the first time some new strings, i believe the company is DR DUCK STRINGS. but they are unique sounding and last for longer than any normal strings ive ever played. (i will fight anyone who says Elixir). i would recommend trying them, its a smaller company, they just feel like good quality.
Quote by ILuvPillows?
Masturbate it off.
Quote by hidden132

Not everyone needs to change their strings every month. It simply depends on how much you play, how hard you play and how your strings react to the chemicals in your fingers. Some people need to change their strings once a week, most people it's every month or two, other people need to change them every six months.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
k thx

i'll let my mom take my guitar to my GC tommorow to get it set up

I would caution you about taking your guitar there to have it setup, if possible, bring it to a smaller mom/pop-esque store, 95% of the time they will do it far cheaper, faster, and do it much better than the techs at GC will.

Quote by Metalcoresoul
I would caution you about taking your guitar there to have it setup, if possible, bring it to a smaller mom/pop-esque store, 95% of the time they will do it far cheaper, faster, and do it much better than the techs at GC will.

ok thx for the info
feel free to add me
Quote by Metalcoresoul

It's true, in fact you don't even have to play an instrument to get hired at some chain stores. I've been to a Guitar Center where the cashier was simply a cashier, she couldn't tell me anything about what they had for sale and I had to wait for another worker to get there that actually knew something about guitars.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
Quote by thsrayas
It's true, in fact you don't even have to play an instrument to get hired at some chain stores. I've been to a Guitar Center where the cashier was simply a cashier, she couldn't tell me anything about what they had for sale and I had to wait for another worker to get there that actually knew something about guitars.

Yeah, there are few cases where any off the employees at GC (that I have spoken to) know that much about guitars, its pretty naive and its kinda sad tbh.

Thats why I always go in there knowing exactly what I'm going to do, that way I dont have an employee lurking over my shoulder.

i have a question about the skinny top heavy bottom strings
i sometimes play some classic rock but i play mostly metal(trash, metalcore) and hard rock

so are those strings ok for what i play
feel free to add me
Last edited by WTF!!is a TAB at Jan 6, 2009,