I need a good reliable cable/patch cord/ whatever you want to call it. I've had my Rodam cable for almost 9 years now, and have been having some problems with it breaking up even after re-soldering a couple times. I need this cable to be able to last long and be able to be stepped on (not going to purposely step on it, just want it to be reliable).
Its pretty much personal opinion - there are some companies that a lot of people love, but at the same time a lot of people hate.

Monster, DiMarzio, Mogami, etc are all worth checking out - I personally use Monster and love them, but at the same time there are a lot of people who dont.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Its pretty much personal opinion - there are some companies that a lot of people love, but at the same time a lot of people hate.

Monster, DiMarzio, Mogami, etc are all worth checking out - I personally use Monster and love them, but at the same time there are a lot of people who dont.

lol I knew someone was going to say Monster first...yeah I assume its much like guitar strings where its all personal preference. I heard planet wave is pretty good, I'll check out the others.
George L's, for sure.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
It's a good idea to get cables that have a lifetime warranty, that way if it ever does break you can get a new one free. Just make sure the cable has good shielding and is an instrument cable.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
I use Livewires and have now for a couple of years... I love them and wouldnt trade them for anything... Monsters however are a close second for me... If Livewire went out of business I would go with Monster...
+1 to the livewires, have never failed me
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Alright read into Livewires, Monster and Mogami...Livewire seemed to have pieces that were weak and broke extremely fast and easily. Mogami's seems like high end cables that are good...but apparently wrap around your legs a lot which is what I HATE a lot. Monster seems to be a little varied, half and half responses mixed, but it seems ok I'll try them out. Planet Wave also seems to be a little bad...wtf do all cables suck lol.
I use mogami. They have a lifetime warranty. If anything happens and they don't work anymore, Guitar Center or anyone who sells mogami, they will replace it.
Gear:
Squier Strat
Cordoba 20TM-CE Acoustic Electric Tenor Uke
Bugera V22
Quote by teethdude
Alright read into Livewires, Monster and Mogami...Livewire seemed to have pieces that were weak and broke extremely fast and easily. Mogami's seems like high end cables that are good...but apparently wrap around your legs a lot which is what I HATE a lot. Monster seems to be a little varied, half and half responses mixed, but it seems ok I'll try them out. Planet Wave also seems to be a little bad...wtf do all cables suck lol.

You should check out Death Valley cables, you can customize them and they're great quality.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Livewires also have a lifetime warranty I do believe... At least I know that the last one I had, prior to the one I have now, I stepped on it while walking with my guitar and pulled the jack plug and it broke but GC replaced it for free... So I dont know... They are pretty good at keeping ambient noise out though...
An "under the radar" brand is LEEM cables. They are great and add clarity to your signal. They make all the other big brands sound dull and lifeless. Look into them.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
There are lots of "under the radar" cables, some of which are awesome and some of which are considerably less so.

Something you need to do is figure out exactly how much you're willing to spend on cables. Getting a great high-end cable such as the Evidence Audio Lyric HG or Zaolla Silverline will set you back anywhere from $100 to $200 depending on length. If you've only got $40 to spend, buy an "off the shelf" Mogami and be done with it.

If you can stretch your budget a little beyond that, I have to firmly recommend the Lava Cable ELC. It has a lifetime warranty, and is built to handle more abuse than any "off the shelf" cable you'll find at any music store.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
i have this vox cable with gold plugs it wasnt that expensiva and it rocks like helll man (and it looks nice too :p black with green white and red stripes over it (kinda italian))
gear :epiphone g400 custom
squier bullet strat
orange crush 15r
boss ds-2
fame ml-30
red hill CDG-3 SEQ

beaners gonna kick you in the face
Has anyone tried Evidence Audio's Monorail Cables? On Lava cables website it has a DIY kit and its for a good price and it has soldering. Wondering if they have good quality and possibly lifetime warranty.