To get pickups on your standard passive humbucker guitar to coil tap?

I have been thinking for a while about changing the pickups on my Gibson, and I am not totally sure I will yet, but I just want to know how difficult, or expensive is it to get the humbuckers to coil tap.

Can anyone tell me all of what I need to buy, and how much it would cost to get a tech to do it?

Help is appreciated.
PRS SE Singlecut
Bogner Alchemist 112 Combo
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Martin OM-1 and Backpacker Steel String
Seagull

Youtube Channel -Click Me Please-
coil tap or coil splitting? they're two different things, most people are talking about coil splitting...

If you have 4 conductor pickups, it's very easy, all you need to install is a push-pull pot unless you want to use a switch somewhere else.
Last edited by al112987 at Jan 6, 2009,
Quote by al112987
coil tap or coil splitting? they're two different things, most people are talking about coil splitting...

If you have 4 conductor pickups, it's very easy, all you need to install is a push-pull pot unless you want to use a switch somewhere else.

Yeah that's what I meant. I wanted the push pull control.

I really just have no idea how that works. Is there any way you can explain?
PRS SE Singlecut
Bogner Alchemist 112 Combo
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Martin OM-1 and Backpacker Steel String
Seagull

Youtube Channel -Click Me Please-
you buy a push pull pot, like said.

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Electronics,_pickups/Potentiometers_and_push-pull_pots/3/Potentiometers_and_Push-Pull_Pots/Instructions/I-3191.html#details

you pick out and buy a 4 wire pickup.

in the box there will be several wiring options, instructions, depending on what you want out of the pickup.

match that companies wire colors to the parts.

a soldering iron kit is like $15 from radio shack.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011