Page 1 of 2
...would you like to jam with? What drummer would you enjoy making a allstar rhythm section with?

Id say off the top of my head, John Bonham for starters (you shouldnt have to ask why ). Also lately ive really been digging John Theodore, formerly drummer for the Mars Volta, and now drumming for Zach de la Rocha's side project. While Zach doesnt do much for me most of the time, from what ive heard from John's TMW/current work and session stuff, hes a damn fine drummer and hella creative musician.

Also, if i wanted to make my head explode, Danny Carey
Quote by thefitz
That's because you're a 13 year old who only focuses on guitars. I bet most people can't tell the difference between your voice and your mother's.
It all depends on the type of music you're going to be playing, so I'd say this is really subjective as far a topic goes...

Even though I don't know much about drumming, I'd have to go with someone like Portnoy, Peart, or even Lopez...(Though I suppose any drummer in a halfway decent metal band would be a good choice as well, what with being able to play almost ANYTHING...)
Ginger Baker would be kinda fun. he probably would not appreciate my willingness to kiss Jack Bruce's feet though.

whatshisname from Free, can't remember, but a solid as hell drummer. second to Theodore his work with One Day as a Lion is amazing. I like that guy from Paramore a bit, might like to try playing with him for some size.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by the humanity

whatshisname from Free, can't remember, but a solid as hell drummer.

Simon Kirk? Im pretty sure he moved over to Bad Company with Paul Rodgers, who is also god-gifted by the way
Quote by thefitz
That's because you're a 13 year old who only focuses on guitars. I bet most people can't tell the difference between your voice and your mother's.
Danny Carey for sure!!!
Current GEAR:
2014 LTD EC401
1991 Gibson Explorer
Digitech Whammy V
OCD/Timmy Clone
Wampler Triple Wreck Clone
Fuzzhugger AB-synth
Orange Crush 20RT
TC Alter Ego x4
Quote by CBurtonIsKing
Simon Kirk? Im pretty sure he moved over to Bad Company with Paul Rodgers, who is also god-gifted by the way

that sexy beast.

man, he can hold a beat.

what's with that drumming with his hands 80 feet in the air though on some of his videos? drives me nuts, it looks so odd. there has to be a reason, that can't be comfortable.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard

Quote by the humanity
that sexy beast.

man, he can hold a beat.

what's with that drumming with his hands 80 feet in the air though on some of his videos? drives me nuts, it looks so odd. there has to be a reason, that can't be comfortable.

eh i couldnt find any videos of that. Drummer insecurity maybe? If i was playing behind Paul Rodgers, i would either become depressed or learn how to be practically invisible. But eh, if you think thats odd, you should watch the guy from Godsmack play drums
Quote by thefitz
John Bonham or Tim Alexander. And Billy Cobham. I am one of those people who can just sit and listen to 3 minute drum solos and just be mesmerized

Its funny, we were talking about Moon today during supper. He was probably one of the most inefficient but amazing drummers ever to grace rock. I listen to him and Entwistle and I am just astounded on how well they were able to lock together.
Quote by anarkee
John Bonham or Tim Alexander. And Billy Cobham. I am one of those people who can just sit and listen to 3 minute drum solos and just be mesmerized

Its funny, we were talking about Moon today during supper. He was probably one of the most inefficient but amazing drummers ever to grace rock. I listen to him and Entwistle and I am just astounded on how well they were able to lock together.

Considering Entwistle was known to comment on how irregularly they played their roles according to the typical rock band format, it is surprising - Entwistle played all the friggen leads, and Keith played like a keyboardist
Quote by thefitz
Tomas Haake - Meshuggah.

That man is god.
Quote by srvguitarrulez
I heard someone say that Fall Out Boy had amazing guitarwork. But, it was a 13 year old girl, so it didn't matter.
I'm practically married to my drummer.

If I was Gay,
and he was Gay
We'd probably be lovers.

Or if he was a woman.....

then that would make everything easier!!!
I could dump my girlfriend then.

Love the Low end
Quote by Zeelod
I'm practically married to my drummer.

If I was Gay,
and he was Gay
We'd probably be lovers.

Or if he was a woman.....

then that would make everything easier!!!
I could dump my girlfriend then.

Lol. Yeah...I solved that problem nicely.
Quote by anarkee

haha damn you and your perfectness-solving-my-problem-ness.

Love the Low end
Quote by anarkee

I told my girlfriend about the possibility of her drumming...

she was rather against it...

it would have been hot. I like watching women drum.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Quote by the humanity
I told my girlfriend about the possibility of her drumming...

she was rather against it...

it would have been hot. I like watching women drum.

Holy....

I should ask my girlfriend to play the drums...

(ponders the thought)

Love the Low end
-Josh Eppard...
-Dave Grohl (especially when he played with Queens) He hits the skins hard!!!
-Jon Theodore
-Thomas Pridgeon

I really enjoy jamming with my good friend who is a drummer. He's very dynamic...which is hard to find now a days.

that's all I've got...
Gear List

Gibson Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Les Paul Classic
Oscar Schmitt OE30

Orange Rockerverb 50

Gas List

Gibson Firebird
He's always overlooked, but I'm gonna say Jimmy Chamberlin. He managed to incorporate unique and sometimes very technical drumming into very popular music and he did it well and with a style so distinct that it's easily identifyable as his own.

I just really really love his playing, and think playing with him and taking his advice would make me a better musician.
Jean-Paul from Clutch

Hes as tight as a three year old girl.
"Whats that noise??"

"... Jazz"
yea i got second jimmy chamberlain its shame hes so under-rated he's a amazin drummer.

I'd say:
Jimmy Chamberlain - Smashing Pumpkins
Dave Grohl - Nirvana/QOTSA
Josh Freese - Everyone
Chad Smith - RHCP
John Otto - Limp Bizkit
Got to be The Rev.
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
Michael Barker (John Butler Trio),
Brian Viglione (Dresden dolls)
or Alison Miller (studio/live drummer)
Maruszczyk Frog 6 custom -> TC electronic Polytune-> Markbass CMD mini 121 + Markbass traveler 121H

Playing bass in Bamboo Avenue (Like us on facebook! )
EP out now!
Playing drums with The Grohl would be amazing.

I'd also enjoy jamming with the bloke from deep purple (who I've shamefully forgotten the name of) and of course the late John Bonham.
"I hope I die before I get old"-Words of Pete Townsend, 1945-

"I hope I die before I turn into Pete Townsend"-Words of Kurt Cobain, 1967-1994

Funny old world eh.
Crazy no one has mentioned either Carter Beauford or Mike Portnoy yet.

I personally wouldn't like to play with a corpse <_< >_>
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Philly-Joe Jones.
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.
Mike Portnoy all the way.

His playing style would fit perfectly with mine.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
I'd say Steven Adler, cos we'd make a great team - both sh*te at their instuments but just love playing! :P
Quote by Mutant Corn
I think that was the point...those are the most popular body styles, and TS wants to know which one UG thinks is coolest.zAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

edit: my cat walked across my keyboard
I went out with a female drummer once. Yeh, didnt work out. I guess you could say our rhythms didnt lock in well.

As for real (male) drummers TRAVIS BARKER. Ive had to luxury to have met him in real life too, he's a dude.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
I wouldn't want to jam with bonham, he's way to loud and big for me.

For me it would be Stewart Copeland of the Police, Jeff Martin from Medeski Martin and Wood or John Fishman of Phish. If none of them would be available then Terry Bozzio would do.

I love to jam with them because each of them just brings such abstract drumming to the table and each of them fits so well in the mix with out being overpowering.
'85 Fender Reissue '75 Jazz Bass ---> Ashdown MAG300h
Schecter C/SH-1 ---> Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Now before you say anything bad about the band, Aaron Gillespie, the drummer for Underoath, is an incredibly solid drummer. He's so tight and creative, it would be a pleasure and a challenge to play with him.

In addition, the drummer for mewithoutYou, Richard Mazzotta, is equally amazing.
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
Damnit I'm gonna get flamed. But the Rev from Avenged Sevenfold. I dont really like the music. But hes come up with some cool beats.
Quote by kranoscorp
I find that I feel the same about women who play bass as I think of immigrants in America.

I respect them for finding a place in society under a lot of ridicule, but I have an odd paranoia that they are going to steal my job.
Neil Peart
Keith Moon
Stan Lynch
Bev Bevan
We marvel after those who sought
The wonders of the world, wonders of the world
Wonders of the world they wrought
Page 1 of 2