hiiiiii!!! im new to the forums, ive been checking them out for a few weeks and using the sight for my guitar tabs for over a year(lol) im a bass player, better than bigginer but nothing super duper amazing. so yea i guess my first questions is: i just bought a Epiphone EB-3 SG, and i was wondering wat your guy's opinion of it is, i like the way it sounds well enough but i dont like the amiture kinda look it has. sorry bout the gigantic post i tend to ramble thanks!!!
that's not a big post. you want big, see the sucker I'm about to write.

now, for an intro the proper place is technically the Forum Plan, but I really don't care too much. you sound nice, hope we can steer you right. I personally consider it a terrible instrument, the tone is ok on it's own but just can't carry in a mix, and it's hard to play clearly with one of those, actually, it tends to be quite impossible. don't try slapping on it, it sounds bad. however, if you want that old school Cream sound or Free sound, it will certainly do it. what amp are you running this bass though?

did you buy used?

new?

guitar tabs? play guitar? how long?
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
the humanity is right. it might sounds decent in your bedroom but won't cut in a band setting.

i can't see the SG body type as anything more than angus young. so i'm not huge in to the looks. but if you like it than its for you!

welcome to the bass forum.
I play bass!
yes i am a very nice person, can get a lil bit annoying but still nice lol, um at this moment im just running it through a traynor db50, i have a crappy wah pedal and a multieffects pedal connected too. long story short i make very little money and i need to magically come up with 40,000 for school and a car. i no the bass i want and the amp i want problem is togethor it would cost me 2100 so i guess im stuck with wat i got for now, i also have a crappy washburn and a small fender amp. but like i said i like the tone on the epophone quit a bit but thats about it. and i meant as in tabs for my bass and ive been playing for about a year
Welcome to the forum. For the sanity of the mods, read the FAQ and the rules at the top of the forum.

TBH, I have never been thrilled with Gibson/Epis take on basses. I love Gibson guitars, not overly fond of the bass element. However, Mr. Bruce and many others have made careers out of playing your bass or something similar so if it suits you at this time and place, its a good bass for you.
Hello, nice to meet you. I dislike gibson/epiphone less than others around here for bass but I still don't buy them. I tend to be an Ibanez/Schecter kind of guy. Then again I'm looking at spending 1700 on a carvin soo....if anyone would post on my thread that'd help lol. The traynor could be a very good starter amp but i'm not experienced with it. Definitely better than my 15watt crate combo with no volume knob...just gain. Good luck on you bass journey.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
thanks for the help, u all seem very nice and helpfull. course since my first post ive decided to take it back and get another bass i no wat want and need but im not sure wat to ask for. i have the ADD really bad and have the worse short term memory, so the question is: do i ask u guys here? or do i start a new thread to ask? thanks in advance for the patiance. ile get better very fast.
Here is fine. Breathe and let us know what type of music you play, what tone you are looking for and what your budget is!

And breathe again and then, read the FAQ. There's some great suggestions there as well.
after you read the FAQ, read my Sig.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
thank u very much, well its kinda hard to define wat i play. i spend most of my time improvising and doing my own thing. me and my teacher determined that my genre is basically progressive alternative jazz metal. i like the good clean boomy bass sound which the epiphone delivers but i could live with out it being qiut that intense. but i like versitillity too i like to b able to pop and slap nad tap and do the rattly downtooned korn, primus thing nadi like effects. i guess my big influences are jon myung, flea, and the guy from quo vadis(just the bass tho not in to deathmetal lol) so yea i my teacher knows wat i want and thinks i need relatively low action, active pickups, and i dont remember wat its called but something like a battery in the back. hope that helps u out enough to b able to help me outlol

p.s. i no i sound alot like a begginer but im really not lol, i no wat i want and i no how to play good enough, im just not good at the technical, scientific math, kinda stuff again thanks a ton
Quote by bass-boy-garith
thank u very much, well its kinda hard to define wat i play. i spend most of my time improvising and doing my own thing. me and my teacher determined that my genre is basically progressive alternative jazz metal. i like the good clean boomy bass sound which the epiphone delivers but i could live with out it being qiut that intense. but i like versitillity too i like to b able to pop and slap nad tap and do the rattly downtooned korn, primus thing nadi like effects. i guess my big influences are jon myung, flea, and the guy from quo vadis(just the bass tho not in to deathmetal lol) so yea i my teacher knows wat i want and thinks i need relatively low action, active pickups, and i dont remember wat its called but something like a battery in the back. hope that helps u out enough to b able to help me outlol

p.s. i no i sound alot like a begginer but im really not lol, i no wat i want and i no how to play good enough, im just not good at the technical, scientific math, kinda stuff again thanks a ton

i'd look into an ibanez.
I play bass!
Well your teacher can suggest a type of bass to you, but the best way to find a bass you like is to go to any shops you can find and just play and try out different types of basses.

You may not like basses with active electronics, or you may prefer it.
Ibanez SR505

EBS MultiComp
BOSS GEB-7

Ampeg SVT 4-Pro
Ampeg SVT 810E
thanks some more, thats wat my teacher suggested too is ibenez and music man ironically im gettign one of each one day but they very expenssive and im very poor lol, but im taking my epiphone back in next week and gonna tell him wat i no i defedently want now, and see if i there r any slightly less brutally expensive ibanez's there, again thanks again very cool of you guys to b so patiant nad help out
The Ibanez SR and ATK series may be just what you want. The only thing that learning to slap on a the string spacing on an Ibanez can be a challenge, but its doable.

Good luck and have fun at the shop.
i saw your thread and thought i'd pop in to say hi so ummm hi
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by anarkee
The Ibanez SR and ATK series may be just what you want. The only thing that learning to slap on a the string spacing on an Ibanez can be a challenge, but its doable.

Good luck and have fun at the shop.

Its fine on the ATK, the tree trunk neck makes for quite wide string spacing( and happy slapping)
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Last edited by ScottB. at Jan 7, 2009,
Ibanez is a good brand to look at. Also, you may hear bad things about Squier from guitar players, but they make good budget basses. I always suggest going to a music store with some ideas, but to let the sound and feel of the individual instrument make up your mind.
Schecter Hellraiser V1 / Schecter Stiletto Extreme 4 / Gallien Krueger 400RB / Hartke Transporter 4x10 / Digitech BP200 / Pod Studio GX
thanks to the last few guys. intel i have the money for the ibanez and music man's im saving for i will defedantly b getting ither of the mentioned ibanez'z after a little bit of research they are basically wat im looking for. just gotta hope playing them proves that they defedantly are wat i want. thanks some more
I personally hate it.

For an epiphone i recoment the Thunderbird

The birds are the only basses that Gibson or Epiphone have worth the money IMO
Quote by bass-boy-garith

Yeah look into an Ibanez

or a Schecter Stiletto of any kind sounds really good for korn
I Prefer the Elite =D