Alright well i've played since October, i really REALLY wanna learn how to play this cover by GNR. I looked at the tab and looks kinda intimidating. any tips?
"You know it's funny when it rains it pours
...They got money for wars, but can't feed the poor"

Techno artist and rap producer in training

Practice it slow and then speed it up as your fingers learn where to go. In all reality, practice is the best medicine for this.
I'm a Mormon.

Gear:
Schecter C-1+
Kustom Tube 12-A
Digitech Hardwire Tube Overdrive
It's not too hard. Neck pickup, clean channel, play smoothly.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
i have a dist. pedal for those parts too. ok thanks guys. i can't try it until tommorow

take your time with it. i think that this is one of Slash's "easier" songs to play guitar on, so you should be able to manage. i would recommend giving the Guitar Pro version a listen, cause it is very helpful
Gear:
Peavey Millennium 4 BXP
Peavey TNT 115
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Blackstar Ht-1R
yeah i've given it a listen. i can play sweet child o mine guitar hook and solo 1. Crazy Train guitar hook. smells like teen spirit, smoke on the water, iron man, hells bells intro, paranoid intro and corus. prob some other stuff...

Rhythm bridge pickup with a touch of chorus, and as stated above solo's neck pickup.
94 Epi LP. Thin 335 style neck Schaller locking tuners Dimarzio PAF PRO (bridge) Gibson 57 re-issue (neck)
have the tabs and a youtube of someone who knows how to play it running at the same time and take a small part a a time

here are two decent videos, the best I could find on youtube anyways:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R53iCZP2pK8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH9jJhNM6pc&feature=related

The two vary a bit and have cool parts and mistakes, but use them as guidelines along with tabs Thats imo the easiest way to learn a solo thats a bit tough for you

Good luck
Guitars:
Gibson L. P std. 2006
Gibson L. P studio
Höfner asj228
Main amp:
Marshall 2061x HW head
Marshall 2061cx cab
fx:
Stock BD-2
TU-2
verbzilla
C.M. Red repeat
T-rex F.T.
Practice:
Epi vjr head
2x12 V30 cab and 4x10 G10 cab
Last edited by chrisdam at Jan 7, 2009,
Are you talking about the arpeggios in the intro and verses?

Those are the only bits i found difficult as i've got chubby fingers which touch other strings so those things take some extra refining from me.

Just remember Gb-Db-Cb at all times and you'll be alright. The arpeggios are all just those three chord shapes with a pull off here n there.
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w