As the title states, im asking you, the UG community what you think the next type of modern rock is in years to come. As we all know, in about 50 years, the modern rock today is not going to be called well... Modern rock....

So what do you guys think? Maybe some funky techno rock or maybe punk will take over?? Or maybe rock will die out? (hope not)

I'm sure I didn't do that great a job of explaining so if you have any questions ask.
I think we'll see a more electro indie rock type of music to rise. More progressive, less depressive, more tribal and ethnic soudning. Look into Battles, Passion Pit, Animal Collective, Klaxons, Go Team, Santogold.
DumbRock I guess - with the population getting spoiled and pampered - rock is dying!
General Web Directory and Search Engine

About the life the Universe and all the rest...
It's going to sound like the new, experimental stuff that Brand New is doing. That's what I'm hoping anyway.
kill all humans
the old Brand New is better. my guess is that it will have become like metal, where there are so many sub groups that its crazy.
well i think history is going to repeat itself, with the much softer stuff you see this days(popular songs) that can be compared to the early rock in the 60's, i think the next thing we will see is hard rock.
Quote by Benjami
well i think history is going to repeat itself, with the much softer stuff you see this days(popular songs) that can be compared to the early rock in the 60's, i think the next thing we will see is hard rock.

Probably, modern bands need a good shot of inspiration, if you ask me. Rock music will die if it continues to recycle itself without adding outside elements.
Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
I recently had a dream that my dad died and my mum spent the life insurance payout on a new Indian dad, who told me to convert to Judaism, even though people usually change religion in September.
Electronic rock maybe? Like how Pendulum and Enter Shikari do?

Enter Shikari are massively popular and critically acclaimed here, same with Pendulum to an extent.
i think its goin to be electro, there is a lot of these kinda bands emerging nowadays
Quote by Benjami

THIS, but with added things. I'm guessing gonna be some hard rock/softer metal with techno/electronica elements (and maybe elements from other non western music things, but i'm not willing to bet money on this last bit)

coincidentally, that's what my band plays
Quote by Zero-Hartman
The Bible is awesome. Revelation is so badass, I mean, dragons and angels and the devil having an epic battle in the clouds? Badass.