1. how can a lot of ppl wear their guitar so low...i mean when i try to do that.. my fingering hand's wrist hurts after a short while, also its so much harder to play

2. the little 2 knobs that u hook the strap on broke ..wats the best way to repair it
should i just drill a pilot hole near the broken hole and re-screw it in
you need long dainty fingers to sling it low and a lot of wrist strength

btw what do you mean by it broke like what part of the strap button broke
1. Play where the guitar is comfortable for you. Raise it if you have to. No one is going to make fun of you, and if they do they're a complete tool.

2. Pack the stripped whole with toothpicks and you screw right back into that. Wouldn't recommend it for a Gibson, but I've never had any problems with this method.
I dont want to advise you on 2., but I agree with 1, I think its ridiculous how low some people wear their guitars....and what they fail to recognize is it sacrifices their technique to compensate for what they perceive as looking "cool". Needless to say, as you get better it becomes easier to play in unorthodox positions. I used to hug my guitar like a banjo, but when my left hand technique got better I started realizing it really stopped mattering exactly where the guitar was. I wear it a lot lower now but not too low.
Did you just strip the hole for the strap hook. If so, I just stick a toothpick or two down in there and break it off then drill the strap hook back in so it grips.
Quote by ethan_hanus
you broke the strap hooks, howed you pull that one off? did it break a chunk off the guitar?

EDIT: i dont mean to sound like an ass.

i have no idea how it broke tbh...it just did not both of them tho just 1
and yes it did break a chunk off..but on the inside so no biggie
Quote by T!AN
1. Play where the guitar is comfortable for you. Raise it if you have to. No one is going to make fun of you, and if they do they're a complete tool.

wow could not have said it better bravo
Last edited by Morello is god at Jan 6, 2009,
Quote by Ajax413
Did you just strip the hole for the strap hook. If so, I just stick a toothpick or two down in there and break it off then drill the strap hook back in so it grips.

do i need some glue for the tooth pick method

also to above poster..its not a gibson its an ESP
Quote by Antimage27
i have no idea how it broke tbh...it just did not both of them tho just 1
and yes it did break a chunk off..but on the inside so no biggie

humm the toothpick thing sounds like a jerry rigging, i personally wouldent do that, i would redrill another a few centimeters away from the orignal hole and put somekind of wood putty in the old hole. but make sure its a big enough hole that it dosent crack the wood and not too big so the threads cant grip, use a bit that about half the size of the threads.
Quote by Antimage27
do i need some glue for the tooth pick method

also to above poster..its not a gibson its an ESP

super glue. you might not need the tooth pick depending on how big the whole is

EDIT: Ewww the guy above me is from cedar park....
Last edited by JessicaGonzo at Jan 6, 2009,
1. I dont know its probably just where they find it comfortable

2. First of all how the hell does that happen? Anyway so that I dont look like an ass I will give actual advice, it depends where it broke, you might as well buy straplocks and install them on the guitar since you have the chance.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor