Has anyone played with this amp?
I had a chance to play with it a little today. Due to wife and kids with me I didn't get to spend much time and I didn't crank it up. This seemed like a nice amp but I would like to compare it with the Vypyr 30 and 60(when they come out), and the Line 6 flextone 3. The behringer might be a good option. What do you guys think?
Quote by forsaknazrael
the best amp you have listed there is the Flextone.

+1

Not wanting to brag but my second-hand, 3 year old, beat up flextone III kicks my friends' Vypyr 30's arse. might be the 60 watts but still.
-Gear-
Line 6 Flextone III Plus
Behringer FCB1010 Emulating a FBV Longboard
Behringer is well know for really low quality but also really low price. Not sure how they have managed to stay in business this long. They just make a new company when they want to sell something new that normally people wouldnt touch because of the behringer name, aka bugera.
Last edited by Tackleberry at Jan 7, 2009,
Quote by Tackleberry
. They just make a new company when they want to sell something new that normally people wouldnt touch because of the behringer name, aka bugera.

Bugera is an Italian company
Behringer is German

Bugera is Bugera not Behringer. Behringer only act as worldwide distributer (ie shipping and marketing) for the Bugera amps, thats it.

The only other link between the 2 companies I could find is that Behringer sometimes uses Bugera speakers.
Quote by Jaksar
Behringer is German

Bugera is Bugera not Behringer. Behringer only act as worldwide distributer (ie shipping and marketing) for the Bugera amps, thats it.

The only other link between the 2 companies I could find is that Behringer sometimes uses Bugera speakers.

Uli Behringer designed Bugera. He's been wanting to make valve amps from the start of his company.
Quote by Jaksar
Behringer is German

Uh... except that Bugeras were designed in Germany and that everything Bugera is built in Behringer's Chinese factory. I don't know where in the world you heard otherwise, but that is what they said at NAMM this time last year.

http://www.gearwire.com/wnamm-bugeraamps.html

Proof. Watch the video. Right there, straight from the Behringer spokesperson's mouth. Made in Behringer's 3000 person chinese factory. The Bugera name came from Behringer's Bugera speakers. They are not two separate entities. The guy says himself, Behringer makes Bugera speakers from scratch.

Honestly, people need to stop being so f'ing sensitive about these amps. So what if they're made by Behringer, or made in a chinese factory? People get so uptight in denial that they're made by Behringer. If it sounds good, who cares who it's made by? I think they sound great for their price, but would personally never buy one because I've seen the shoddy worksmanship that goes into these and I want an amp that I know I can depend on all the time. To those who have amps that have lasted them thus far, great, I don't like to gamble when it comes to tube amps.

And even if they WEREN'T made by Behringer, it doesn't change the fact that people have been having all sorts of issues with them, the trannies, components are not high the best quality and the build ranges anywhere from passable to downright disgusting. I don't care if Bugeras came out of Howard Dumble's workshop, those are problems that need to be addressed.
Last edited by al112987 at Jan 8, 2009,
The Behringer V-amp is muddier than a pig on a hot day. Friend of mine has one and he's looking to replace it right now.

I don't think the Vypyr 60 is out yet, but the Flextone is a very solid option.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Fair enough, I'll stand corrected . Just repeating what I'd read elsewhere, guess I gotta learn not to believe everything I read on the interweb.
Last edited by Jaksar at Jan 9, 2009,
That being said, Behringer built or not, I think Bugeras actually sound pretty decent, but sometimes people honestly look at the price and forget to think about what it takes to build a decent tube amp with good components. Not to mention it kind of rubbed me the wrong way with their claims of the amp being "boutique style" and "hand-made" when they were first being announced. But they do sound pretty good, and if people are not having problems with their amps, more power to them.