Page 1 of 2
I wear eyeliner and eye shadow from time to time. Any of you guys wear makeup? I find it funny how people are ignorant enough to ask why or say its not right, when they wear clothes or listen to music I don't like. Reason I ask is because I've read its more common in other countries then the US and its seem to be a gay or feminine thing to most people here. And this more into terms of normal eyeliner/eyeshadow, not guys who wear so little eyeliner it can't be seen without a microscope. And any girls have a take on it?
No.

EDIT: I guess i should say it's a personal choice. I wouldn't really care if one of my friends did it, it wouldn't really change my opinion of them.

Unless they just started looking like an emo kid.
Rip Kylee Harris 4.13.93-11.28.08
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
tell him that he is the drummer and that his opinions are invalid

Quote by Jim Harkins
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

Last edited by thementor at Jan 6, 2009,
Dude I are not gay.
Quote by Survivalism
The Dual Rectifier is my sexy finishing move.

Quote by Survivalism
Nobody knows the words to Evenflow, they all just go "bramamamamamamamamaamamamabooowwllofcornflakes"
I only wear eyeliner, mascara, some blush, and some lipstick everyday.

Everything else is too flamboyant and gay.
Quote by ldiablo233
I wear eyeliner and eye shadow from time to time. Any of you guys wear makeup? I find it funny how people are ignorant enough to ask why or say its not right, when they wear clothes or listen to music I don't like. Reason I ask is because I've read its more common in other countries then the US and its seem to be a gay or feminine thing to most people here. And this more into terms of normal eyeliner/eyeshadow, not guys who wear so little eyeliner it can't be seen without a microscope. And any girls have a take on it?

Wow! You wear makeup! Look how unique you are! Good for you!

Is that what you wanted to hear? Because other than that, this thread is pointless.

You KNOW what we are going to say: "I don't care if guys do it, but I don't do it myself."
Last edited by Mike! at Jan 6, 2009,
the best thing about being a dude is having a penis.

the second best thing is never wearing makup.
I have no opinion on this matter.
I like eyeliner on musicians, but I don't meet many people who dress like that normally, so I don't know how I'd feel about it.

Sexy, and with eyeliner

Not sexy (not to me, anyway) with eyeliner

It depends on whether they can manage to still look masculine
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

i would never want to take the time to do that junk, remembering to use deodorant is hard enough.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Fernandes Dragonfly
Peavey Valveking 112

If I could write off your murder, I'd save all of my receipts,
because I'd rather you be dead, than lose a tiny shred of what I made this fiscal year - Dethklok
Quote by severed-metal
I only wear eyeliner, mascara, some blush, and some lipstick everyday.

Everything else is too flamboyant and gay.

May I inform you sir, that these accessories are, in fact, as gay as the other items you named.

With sincerity,

Kev
Quote by ironman45
i would never want to take the time to do that junk, remembering to use deodorant is hard enough.

haha +1
(\/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny.
(")_(") ExtremeMetalFTW donated these ears
Notice something wrong? Yea, me too
| |
[ ]
Quote by kevC4
May I inform you sir, that these accessories are, in fact, as gay as the other items you named.

With sincerity,

Kev

somebody doesn't understand blatant sarcasm.

do you really want to look like that?
sex, drugs, and rock and roll have turned into aids, needles, and techno..
I HATE MAKE UP WITH A FIREY BURING PASSION

i even hate it when girls wear it.
its just annoying and looks weird
#57 in UG Top 100 2010!

I really ought to get my username changed...
it looks like im wearing eyeliner but i just have thick eyelashes women walk up to me all the time and ask if i wear eyeliner and it gets annoying
Quote by classicrocker01
You know you're addicted to gear when you've had more guitars than girlfriends

........that would be me
yes (see profile pics)

Quote by fli.pansy

do you really want to look like that?

Most guys who wear makeup do not look like that.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
i think it makes guys look gay/feminine

but thats not why i tell them not to wear it

its because it makes you look like an idiot
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
Quote by Mike!

Is that what you wanted to hear? Because other than that, this thread is pointless.

No need to be a prick, man. This is a forum about anything. Pretty sure make-up could be included in that. Do fuck off.

And to answer your question, TS, no I don't wear make-up. I take enough time getting ready in the morning lol. I wouldn't really care if any or my guy friends wore it though, I don't see it as a big deal really.
Quote by ewp805
^^^Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Ted!^^^

Monsterbeast is fat and ugly.
Last edited by haste the day at Jan 6, 2009,
Quote by vintage x metal
I like eyeliner on musicians, but I don't meet many people who dress like that normally, so I don't know how I'd feel about it.

Sexy, and with eyeliner

You mean like.. this man?

But I've worn eyeliner/eye shadow once. As a joke.
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM
Quote by Mike!

Ok so its normal for women to wear makeup because they were born with it? The puerto rican guy I work with thinks its not normal for me to dress like a skater and listen to my music, he thinks I should wear pants that are 4 times my size and listen to rap? His opinion is better then mine?
I wear makeup becuase I find it interesting just like wearing clothes with writing or different colors. I do find some makeup enhances my looks.
Last edited by ldiablo233 at Jan 6, 2009,
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
Most guys who wear makeup do not look like that.

i beg to differ
Quote by TheMidasTouch
Why? it are not right.

Your purple bass are not right, fag. Well that's just my opinion of course.
Quote by kevC4

With sincerity,

Kev

I think your sarcasm detector is broken.
Quote by fli.pansy
i beg to differ

I've seen very few men with makeup that looks that bad, also most guys who wear makeup don't wear lipstick, unless they are going for the drag look or are trying to look like Robert Smith.

Last.fm
Quote by ldiablo233
Your purple bass are not right, fag. Well that's just my opinion of course.

I was joking. It is amber not purple, more of a red. I am also not a "fag" I am heterosexual. Also I do not wear makeup because I couldn't pull it off. I see it as more of an anti-conformity thing than as a style.
Last edited by TheMidasTouch at Jan 6, 2009,
most guys who wear makeup are not fags, they normally get more chicks than sweaty metalheads and geeks. gays normally like shave their eyebrows and get facials but dont do the eyeliner thing apparantly
Quote by Hell_Metalist
I'm sorry to inform u sir/madam... but ur gay. And it's a terminal illness. I am so very sorry...

Jeez, then why have I had sex with women. Maybe I'm just in denial.
Quote by ldiablo233
Ok so its normal for women to wear makeup because they were born with it? The puerto rican guy I work with thinks its not normal for me to dress like a skater and listen to my music, he thinks I should wear pants that are 4 times my size and listen to rap? His opinion is better then mine?
I wear makeup becuase I find it interesting just like wearing clothes with writing or different colors. I do find some makeup enhances my looks.

Women are not born with bras, but they should wear those. It is odd for a guy to wear a bra.

In all seriousness, I don't have any problem with guys that wear make-up. I do not, personally, wear make-up, but no issue with guys that do.
OPINIONATED STATEMENT

Meaningful Song Lyrics
Inside my signature
Make me look deep
And misunderstood

Quote by Pannenkoeken
Out of context hilarious quote!

Quote by Pannenkoeken
Out of context compliment!

My Gear:
Awesome Shit
Cool Shit
Shitty Shit

Quote by vintage x metal

Sexy, and with eyeliner

hes wearing a target brand t shirt
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
Quote by TheMidasTouch
I was joking. It is amber not purple, more of a red. I am also not a "fag" I am heterosexual. Also I do not wear makeup because I couldn't pull it off. I see it as more of an anti-conformity thing than as a style.

Ya I figured, the fag part was a joke just cause the color would be associated with females and then asscoiated with gay guys.
i hate it when metal guy guitarists put on black nail pollish or eye stuff. to me its probly the biggest poser-y thing you can do.

black nail pollish and eyeliner =/= metal... its just a lame attempt at trying to fit in with the newer metal scene.. which also happens to suck

yay for opinions.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
I've seen very few men with makeup that looks that bad, also most guys who wear makeup don't wear lipstick, unless they are going for the drag look or are trying to look like Robert Smith.

first off, that picture was a generalization of what guys with make up look like; an idiot.

secondly, no men should wear make up.
Quote by ldiablo233

Yes, that's what I'm saying: everyone has different opinions, but you asked the wrong way.

It's like if I would post a thread about how I like the blues, but my friends think I should listen to metal. Then, I would ask everyone what they thought about it:

They would all post the same response: People should listen to what they want to listen to.

Sorry for coming off as an asshole, but I find this thread kind of stupid.
Last edited by Mike! at Jan 6, 2009,
Eyeliner once and a while.
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Silverburst (Invader/'59)
-Fender Standard Telecaster HH Black (SH-5/'59)
-Fender Standard Stratocaster HH White (Nazgul/'59)
-Austin Guitars Les Paul Goldtop Copy (Distortion/'59)
-Ovation ApplauseAE44II Elite Black Acoustic

Amps/Cabs
-Peavey 6505+
-Peavey Stereo Chorus 2x12 Combo
-Behringer Ultracoustic ACX450 1x8 Acoustic Combo
-Marshall MX2x12 Cabinet

Wayyyyy too many effects pedals...
I wear Eyeliner, Eyeshadow, Mascara, Foundation, Coverup, Toner, Liquid Eyeliner and Lipgloss.

And?
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
Quote by fli.pansy
first off, that picture was a generalization of what guys with make up look like; an idiot.

secondly, no men should wear make up.

ahhm so
I see that you;re just annoying tool is his likely uncomfortable with his sexuality.

Last.fm
Page 1 of 2