So my strap fell off my guitar tonight and along with breaking one of my volume knobs ans some small chips in the paint, the headstock cracked. Will my warranty cover the repair costs of this? My guess would be no, but I was wondering what UG thought. I'm probably gonna end up buying a new guitar, but I wanted to see what I could do about fixing this one first.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Im not sure if the warranty would cover that, if you get a new guitar make sure to get some strap locks for it they are cheap, easy to install, and protect your guitar from things like this.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
I doubt it. Guitar warranties usually only cover things like faulty electronics or problems resulting from bad QC.
They wont as the excuse will be "we cant control the type of strap used while playing" even if it is a faulty strap button that was the cause.
In the 1st 3 weeks of owning my Epi, the strap came off and broke a tuning peg, straplocks from the very next day.
94 Epi LP. Thin 335 style neck Schaller locking tuners Dimarzio PAF PRO (bridge) Gibson 57 re-issue (neck)
No it wont cover the guitar being dropped. Gibson and epi would have been out of business long ago if they covered every case of a LP upper strap button screw coming out. With LPs the first thing you should do when getting one is fix the upper strap button screw it may not be loose now but it will be. I have seen new epis with the screw coming out. I use the plastic disc type strap locks. So I just get a bigger longer screw from the hardware store, never had a problem.
It's worth a shot though. Epiphone takes care of their customers. If, like said earlier, something was wrong with the strap button then definitely. I called them about my Masterbilt's satin finish bubbling up on one corner and they were ready to send me a new one. I passed after realizing it's beyond noticeable and is purely aesthetic. My 35 dollar Epiphone LP ( ) doesn't hold straps well so I'm waiting on my strap locks.
so if its not covered, what should I expect it to cost me to have fixed if it is indeed fixable? The headstock is on the verge of snapping off
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

if you got some kind of warranty from the store where you bought it then probably, but if you are relying on epiphone's warranty, I dont think they will cover it...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
was it the strap button or your strap that broke? If it was your strap, then ur ****ed if its the button then u might get like 50% covered.
Gear:
Aria lawsuit V
epiphone E-310 strat copy
peavey vypyr 15
boss blues driver II
Kramer striker 100st (invader pickup)
Randall RG50tc

EHX Metal Muff
the strap slipped off of the button, so yea I am screwed unless I go after the strap company.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020

Strap company is going to say you should have used strap locks. And epi is going to say well it wasnt a manufacturing defect in our guitar. But you have learned a valuable lesson when it comes to LPs you have to have something to keep the strap on the upper button.
yea i was kinda being sarcastic about the strap company, all guitars i own are now going to get straplocks
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020