is it possible for a band to get famous (perhaps not as famous as ACDC but enough to get by decent) in 2 months
or is it not possible
i know its all luck but is that chance sooooo small its not even worth it
also how good at music do u have to be for this to even be possible
pshhaw, the unibomber did it in like a day. be like him.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Yes, it's very feasible. For reference I suggest you take a gander at The Jonas Brothers, Hannah Montana, and The Naked Brothers Band.

May God have mercy on your soul.
Quote by Zugunruhe
pshhaw, the unibomber did it in like a day. be like him.

I was worried that i had testicular cancer once and my 'friends' kept calling me the Uniballer.

anyway fame is pointless in life.
william hung. the guy has a record out in major stores that im pretty sure some weird people bought. .. nuff said.
short answer: no
long answer: Miley Cyrus
(\/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny.
(")_(") ExtremeMetalFTW donated these ears
Notice something wrong? Yea, me too
| |
[ ]
Quote by RU Experienced?
Yes, it's very feasible. For reference I suggest you take a gander at The Jonas Brothers, Hannah Montana, and The Naked Brothers Band.

May God have mercy on your soul.

My thoughts exactly.
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
NOW I REPHRASE THE QUESTION
is it possible to get famous enough in 2 months to just get by decent...not like ACDC famous but ok famous
Some bands got record deals just a couple of months after they formed, so if you're a musical genious and have appeal, you might, ... but still it's not that easy
Beau, oui, comme Bowie
Yes, look at the Jonas Faggots.
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.
Quote by Antimage27
is it possible to get famous enough in 2 months to just get by decent...not like ACDC famous but ok famous

Oh, then allow me to rephrase my answer.

No.
It can happen, if you are good enough.

If you suck, then no. Unless 13 year old girls and Disney find you attractive.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
It's possible...
“I want every girl in the world to pick up a guitar and start screaming”

I will prove you wrong.
Quote by Antimage27

don't count on it.

it sounds like you're trying to plan your life around the possibility of 'making it'.
...like you've got 2 months before your current job goes under because of the economy, or you get out of your last year of school and have to make it on your own, and you're hoping that if you start a band, you'll make enough money to survive on.

thats how it sounds to me, at least.

so no, don't plan on it.

possibly, but probably not.
hey, i know why this sounds so familiar!

TS is brendan fraiser from airheads.
I have no opinion on this matter.
guys, even the Jonas Brothers weren't instant hits.

this stuff takes time no matter how appealing you are.

the fact that Disney Channel promotes certain things, however, makes these artists the quickest rising stars.

Edit: oh stupid guy putting in a word before me.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
well yes it's possible, you just have to be able to write enough set to play a few times a week and not get boring.

my plan for the summer is to see how famous i can get in the toronto punk scene within 4 months
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
If you do something shocking enough....

Try masterbating on stage, and hang a few Nazi flags up behind you, for starters.
Last edited by Captain Insano at Jan 7, 2009,
Two months after starting a band?

Not unless you're really lucky.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
you need to practice in order to get good.

you need to get good to get shows

you need time to build a fanbase.

you need a fanbase to get a bigger fanbase

you need that to get a record deal

once you have that you may have a chance at being famous

have fun for the next two months

...actually sometimes you really can skip a few steps. like getting good.
Last edited by StageLife30 at Jan 7, 2009,
TS, are you 7? If not, I suspect you're trolling.

is it possible for somebody to become famous in 2 months? Yes. You? No.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
Yes its possible

Break into the white house, get the president drunk, convince him 2 be your singer
And start playing stadium shows
Quote by mental_zer0

The fear of the clock became too obvious. got expelled.

Quote by jmilli2
Spread rumours that she is a jew. Then all you need to do is sit back and wait for the secret police to make her 'disappear'.

lol?
Quote by MTVget0FFtheAIR
TS, are you 7? If not, I suspect you're trolling.

is it possible for somebody to become famous in 2 months? Yes. You? No.

But, you don't know who the TS is. You cannot say it's impossible for him to become famous.
-

not from being in a band. unless you already have a record recorded, pressed shipped and ready to go on sale, and have a complete tour booked, all of that crap by itself takes more than two months.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
The band O.A.R. was an underground college band this summer, and by the beginning of fall they had a song on the radio that every high school girl had memorized.

I'm talking of course of Shattered - O.A.R.

So I would say yes.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Quote by SlinkyBlue
The band O.A.R. was an underground college band this summer, and by the beginning of fall they had a song on the radio that every high school girl had memorized.

I'm talking of course of Shattered - O.A.R.

So I would say yes.

seeing that O.A.R. has been around since the mid 90s I would say it took them a lot longer than two months.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
In this day and age it's even harder to get famous because now record companies won't put in the money and effort to push a band anymore like they did with Nirvana. Maybe you can try going the route of the Arctic Monkeys? Use the internet. I don't know how long they took, but they were pretty much at the top of all the hype machines. I thought their music was overrated as ****, so proves you just need.... i really don't know what they had that others didn't have. I mean, look at the frontman, his face and voice are just annoying as hell, zero appeal.

As for 2 months, I think the question is more of, "Realistically, is it possible to get famous?" Well of course it is, but don't expect it even if you spend 20 years trying, and definitely don't quit your day job. But honestly I think if a band REALLY puts in ALOT of effort to get their music(and themselves) out there, and play as many shows as they can, and of course.... sound good, it's just a matter of time. Also, try to form connections with the right people, that will probably help the most. It also helps if you guys/girls look good, or have some sort of appeal to your look.