Need a good site for computer help that does not require a username to post.

Post your problem here.

Also, 4chan's Technology board can be helpful, at times.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
Vista computer.
I had altered the services earlier to exclude useless things. I have sense have undone at least most of this with a registy changer (in an attempt to troubleshoot).

These are going to be in short bursts.

My computer has been freezing every couple of minutes after startup with first program not responding and then windows not responding some times it has been windows that stopped before a program
Last edited by Tommy Walker at Jan 6, 2009,
Quote by Tommy Walker
Vista computer.
I had altered the services earlier to exclude useless things. I have sense have undone at least most of this with a registy changer (in an attempt to troubleshoot).

You attempted a selective startup?

You could just load a "Normal Setup" in msconfig, if you haven't already.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
Quote by Tommy Walker
Vista computer.

These are going to be in short bursts.

My computer has been freezing every couple of minutes after startup with first program not responding and then windows not responding some times it has been windows that stopped before a program

System Restore.

If not, msconfig.

If not, tell us what services you stopped.

If you don't know, why were you messing with it it the first place. I'm guessing this is not the case, as you used regedit...
Rip Kylee Harris 4.13.93-11.28.08
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
tell him that he is the drummer and that his opinions are invalid

Quote by Jim Harkins
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

Have ran made it normal startup and restarted.
Problems were experienced first with streaming videos stuttering and some crashing of firefox when I left a site with a streaming video.

(note ctds not (not responding))

There was an reoccuring error on shutdown. With the selective startup gone, the error dissapears but the freezes continue.
Last edited by Tommy Walker at Jan 7, 2009,
I have had to manually turn the computer off a few times and checkdisk has run over five times.
There is no daTE BEFORE THE PROblems occured to revert to but they were lesse on an earlier date so , i'll try and do a system restorre
^Good Idea^
Rip Kylee Harris 4.13.93-11.28.08
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
tell him that he is the drummer and that his opinions are invalid

Quote by Jim Harkins
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.