(I couldn't find anything on this with the search bar)

So I bought a 12 string guitar, and by the looks of it, Im going to have to buy new strings, so around what gauges should they be?

Or can you just buy a pack that has all 12 strings that I need? When I bought the guitar, I got a pack of strings for free with it, but there were only 6, and Im guessing those will work for the thicker (sorry, I don't know the terminology)
E,A,D,G,B, and high E strings,

And also, the thinner strings on strings EAD and G are octaves of the thicker, while the B and high E have a second string that is tuned in unison. Is that how they are supposed to be, or can they be octaves too? If so, they would have to be pretty thin wouldn't they?

Thanks
You buy a 12 string pack of strings. The regular gauge for a 12 string is 9's.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
And leave the high B and E in unison.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
So I bought a 12 string guitar, and by the looks of it, Im going to have to buy new strings, so around what gauges should they be?

9's or 10's.

Or can you just buy a pack that has all 12 strings that I need?

Yes.

When I bought the guitar, I got a pack of strings for free with it, but there were only 6,

Probably a mistake. I cant imagine why theyd give you a set of strings for a 6 string guitar when you've just bought a 12 string.

And also, the thinner strings on strings EAD and G are octaves of the thicker, while the B and high E have a second string that is tuned in unison. Is that how they are supposed to be, or can they be octaves too?

The B and E string pairs are tuned in unison, not an octave above.