Okay...So,I play Rhythm guitar,or rather a mix of Rhythm and lead. But,for the most part Rhythm. I have,whoevers willing and closest,do lead parts as I please,and use FL Studio for my drums.

Lately I've (or atleast attempted and failed) been doing heavy metal (to the likes of NWOBHM and Thrash)

With that said...
I have no Idea how to fit some bass in there.
I know it should be there somewhere,but I cant seem to figure out where. I've had a few guitarist who happen to have had bass guitars try to do something,but to no avail. Their needs to be a low end,but I don't know where to put it

Should the Bass go completely against the riff,or should it gallop to it. Or should it actually follow the riff completely?

Or in Metal,is there no need for a bass (AC/DC and AJFA in Mind)
you need a bass to voice your parts correctly.
just make the bass fill in the bottom note of the chord. make it the root of each chord, maybe making it a 3rd or 5th of a chord occasionally (and to good taste) to make the bass more exciting. (like in an arpeggio)
Quote by Sami Philadelph

Or in Metal,is there no need for a bass (AC/DC and AJFA in Mind)

The bassist of AC/DC is Cliff Williams, and has been since the late 1970s.
definately need bass

fills out the music, n adds depth to it

even if its the simplest ****
Quote by mental_zer0

The fear of the clock became too obvious. got expelled.

Quote by jmilli2
Spread rumours that she is a jew. Then all you need to do is sit back and wait for the secret police to make her 'disappear'.

lol?
For most of the metal I listen to, the bass either plays roots or acts as a separate entity and plays what sounds right at the time, be to create more emotion in the music it's self or whatever.
Quote by Nickthemusician
you need a bass to voice your parts correctly.
just make the bass fill in the bottom note of the chord. make it the root of each chord, maybe making it a 3rd or 5th of a chord occasionally (and to good taste) to make the bass more exciting. (like in an arpeggio)

this, and just have it follow along with the riff till you get comfortable to experiment more.
Dream Theater FTW!!

Gear:
Ibanez S7320 7-string
Tama Superstar 8 pc. drum set
listen to protest the hero. they have very intricate and technical guitar parts involving two guitars, yet they still have a very complex bass line that often times will match the lead guitar or do something with tapping, slap/pop, or arpeggios.
Thank you all,this really helped.
I never really appreciated the Bass in a song untill I heard Cliff Burton...
Maybe theirs a few more of him lying around?
The obvious choice is to simply get a full time bassist who knows what he/she is doing insteading of trying to bypass such with lame synths,and willing but failsauce guitarist.

Easier said than done.
Again though,thanks.