Page 1 of 2
Since when did Domino's start charging a delivery fee... I don't remember that **** ever being there, when I ordered pizza today the guy said "That will be $25.60" or something, I was like.. that sounds a bit off, not that 3 bucks is a big deal I just knew it shouldn't be that much. He ran through it and said something delivery fee.

I thought that is what a ****ing tip was...

If anyone here works/delivers for domino's what is this ****? I gave the driver a normal tip since I figured this 'delivery fee' wasn't actually going to the driver.. but if it is, **** it, no more tips.

Again, I'm not being jewish, its just the principle of hidden fees, they are such ****ing bull****... on my credit cards and now my ****ing pizza.
K koo.
Gearz:
Squier classic vibe 50's strat, modded.
Dunlop 535q
Korg Pitchblack
Carvin X100B

Coming soon to a pedal board near you:
Analogman Sunface
Lovepedal E6
Area 51 wah
Skreddy Lunar Module
Malekko 616 Ekko
That's pretty gay. Good of you to tip, though. I hate bitches who don't tip.
i don't tip just because i can, or can't, i don't know what to call it. why should i tip them? anyone can drive a car.
I am gunna have to find out if that delivery charge goes to the driver, since if it does, then i will take that out of my tip, but if it doesn't I don't want to rip off some kid getting paid $4.00/hour to drive around and deliver food to assholes all day.
Quote by skaterskagg1
i don't tip just because i can, or can't, i don't know what to call it. why should i tip them? anyone can drive a car.

You really should tip them dude. They don't get paid minimum wage, they get paid less than that since they are supposed to get tips, just like waiters/waitresses..

Know who you shouldn't tip, those cunts at Dunkin Donuts... Why has it become the norm to tip those doughnut grabbing mongoloids. They don't do anything extra... they don't cook/fry the doughnuts, or anything, they get paid minimum wage, and people still tip them... **** them.
that's pretty common, though a lot of places jacked it up fairly recently when gas prices jumped up.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Let's start by not misusing the word "Jewish."
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
i have been wondering the same thing.
do the drivers get any of this delivery charge?
you should tip them because they have to pay for their own gas, dominoes does not pay for it.
wouldn't that be insane if dominos charged me $3, then made their underpayed employee drive out with his own car and gas and didn't give him any of the delivery charge
Quote by themadness 1234
You really should tip them dude. They don't get paid minimum wage, they get paid less than that since they are supposed to get tips, just like waiters/waitresses..

i never knew they had to add tips to their wage. thats what i've done the past zillion years as a waiter. i'll take your argument into consideration next time i order a pizza, which is never cuz i'm so broke.
It seems like a corporate thing to do. Pay someone $4.00/hour to drive THEIR car with THEIR gas, charge the customer an extra $3.00 for having someone drive the food to them, then not give the $3.00 to the driver.

It's pretty aggrivatting just thinking of it.
Quote by skaterskagg1
i never knew they had to add tips to their wage. thats what i've done the past zillion years as a waiter. i'll take your argument into consideration next time i order a pizza, which is never cuz i'm so broke.

If you don't mind me asking...

How much do you get paid per hour, for a flat rate without tips?

Just so I know.
I work for a different Pizza place, and we have always charged a $2.50 fee, and $2.00 of that goes to the driver.

anyone can drive a car.

True, but unlike waiting tables/bar-tending, driving a car actually costs money. Did you ever think about that?

Whenever I deliver, I make about $25 per night on my paycheck... $20 of that goes to refilling my tank after work. Always tip drivers.
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/
Domino's has been charging a delivery fee since I worked there a few years back. It's is there cause they don't get paid for the gas that is used, and because of all the jack asses that don't tip either. And yes the delivery fee does go to the driver, but only because you lazy ass fucks won't tip the man for doing what you won't do.
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
i work for domino's as a delivery guy.
theres always been a delivery fee of $1.70 per delivery which is meant to pay for petrol. it's really not a bad deal, dude. us drivers dont get paid anything. i only make $10.50 an hour. the most significant amount of my pay comes from tips.
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
Quote by Metal-X
Domino's has been charging a delivery fee since I worked there a few years back. It's is there cause they don't get paid for the gas that is used, and because of all the jack asses that don't tip either. And yes the delivery fee does go to the driver, but only because you lazy ass fucks won't tip the man for doing what you won't do.

Then if it does go to the driver I am fine with that.

People who don't tip definitley do suck though, I couldn't handle it if someone didnt tip me for that.
Quote by themadness 1234
Then if it does go to the driver I am fine with that.

People who don't tip definitley do suck though, I couldn't handle it if someone didnt tip me for that.

Oh man, could I tell you some stories from when I worked there. But the most interesting fact that I gathered from my daze of deliverin' zza's is that poor people tend to tip better than rich people. In fact rich people rarely give a good tip.
Random Metal-X fact:

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

next time just spray down his car with a hose, he doesn't get a tip but he gets a really nice shine on his 93' station wagon.
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
Quote by Metal-X
Oh man, could I tell you some stories from when I worked there. But the most interesting fact that I gathered from my daze of deliverin' zza's is that poor people tend to tip better than rich people. In fact rich people rarely give a good tip.

i deliver to the wealthiest suburb of newcastle, and every time i do, it's always a delivery with a really round number because they've had a party or something. so the cost is always like $60 for the pizzas, and so they just hand me 3 $20 notes and that's all there is to it. its much better when the order is like $57.30 and they hand the 3 20's and dont want change.
Quote by Machanix

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far

I used to do side jobs, like installing home theatres, **** like that, obviously only rich people would hire me.

I would get paid my flat rate of $25/hour-$45/hour depending on who they where, and on average would get a $100-200 tip each visit, with 2-3 a week while I worked at radio shack was pretty awesome... and when I helped poor people, which in my area is usually portuguese people, they would make me dinner and ****.. no money, just food.... it was awesome.
Quote by skaterskagg1

normally they have to pay for their own gas.
and, if he is getting paid the minimum wage for tipped employees (which is much less than for non tipped employees) than your cheating him of his income.
plus, only jerks dont tip.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by Avedas
That's pretty gay. Good of you to tip, though. I hate bitches who don't tip.

Err, why should i have to tip? I don't get tips at my work, nor do 99% of the employed world. Why is seen as standard practice to only tip a waiter/waitress/deliver person?
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?
Quote by instagata0
i deliver to the wealthiest suburb of newcastle, and every time i do, it's always a delivery with a really round number because they've had a party or something. so the cost is always like $60 for the pizzas, and so they just hand me 3 $20 notes and that's all there is to it. its much better when the order is like $57.30 and they hand the 3 20's and dont want change.

Yeah it's weird. You'd think since you were doing them a favor, they'd help you out a little bit. But what you got to do is find the few rich people that do tip, and oh man hold on to them. I think I got about $20 each time I delivered to this one couple.

I will say, through it all, it was a pretty fun job. It's definitely a fun experience.... plus every night we all raided the store next door and drank all night long.
Random Metal-X fact:

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

Quote by Supertait
Err, why should i have to tip? I don't get tips at my work, nor do 99% of the employed world. Why is seen as standard practice to only tip a waiter/waitress/deliver person?

Where do you work?

It is the norm for tipping those people, sicne they do not get paid minimum wage, which turns out to be around half of what everyone else gets paid.

If you are not getting paid minimum wage, then you should get tipped, if you are you shouldn't... unless you go above and beyond for a customer.
Quote by Supertait

as has been said - a big portion of our pay comes from tips.

i never get mad when people dont tip me. its not even standard practice in australia. but i always appreciate it when people do, because i have to pay for the petrol and maintenance of my car, and i have to find the house and theres a huge amount of pressure to get the pizza there quick because otherwise people want pizza for free.

and a lot of people dont understand that it's not me who made the pizza late. i just deliver the pizza. it takes me 5 minutes to get ANYWHERE. the trouble is when the oven is full and it takes them too long to make it. then i have to deal with the crap people give me. its emotional-labour sometimes.

a tip is just nice because you feel like people understand...
Quote by Machanix

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far

Quote by Supertait

When you get your food, does it often smell of poop? Does it? Does it ever have actual turds and/or human hair on it?
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
Quote by Supertait

Cause they are doing something that you could easily do yourself, except you chose the convenience of having someone bring it to you.

Just think of it as a convenience charge. Ticketmaster does it all the time.
Random Metal-X fact:

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

Quote by instagata0
as has been said - a big portion of our pay comes from tips.

i never get mad when people dont tip me. its not even standard practice in australia. but i always appreciate it when people do, because i have to pay for the petrol and maintenance of my car, and i have to find the house and theres a huge amount of pressure to get the pizza there quick because otherwise people want pizza for free.

and a lot of people dont understand that it's not me who made the pizza late. i just deliver the pizza. it takes me 5 minutes to get ANYWHERE. the trouble is when the oven is full and it takes them too long to make it. then i have to deal with the crap people give me. its emotional-labour sometimes.

a tip is just nice because you feel like people understand...

I know where you're coming from, but those are just pressures that come with any customer related job imo. The petrol thing is valid though i think, but again most of what you say to do with pressure/rime you'll get in most jobs, which you don't get tips for.

I always used to to tip, but Mr Pink from Resevior Dogs changed my mind.

Quote by BigFatSandwich
When you get your food, does it often smell of poop? Does it? Does it ever have actual turds and/or human hair on it?

When you buy a guitar, does it come with poop on it, when you go food shopping, does it all have human hair in it? No. Do you tip the walmart guy or guitarshop guy? No.
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?
Last edited by Supertait at Jan 7, 2009,
Quote by Supertait
When you buy a guitar, does it come with poop on it, when you go food shopping, does it all have human hair in it? No. Do you tip the walmart guy or guitarshop guy? No.

One time, yes.
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
Quote by Supertait
I know where you're coming from, but those are just pressures that come with any customer related job imo. The petrol thing is valid though i think, but again most of what you say to do with pressure/rime you'll get in most jobs, which you don't get tips for.

I always used to to tip, but Mr Pink from Resevior Dogs changed my mind.

Either way if you don't want to tip people, then you can always pick it up yourself.
Random Metal-X fact:

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

I was known for my tipping in college. I bet I funded a lot of after work medication with my generous tips.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Quote by themadness 1234
If you don't mind me asking...

How much do you get paid per hour, for a flat rate without tips?

Just so I know.

anywhere between 2.35 to 5.15, tips are good though. i made 200 cash in my pocket once.
Guys, I'm from the UK and this is crazy. We pay for the pizza and the pizza only. You get better deals if you collect but there isn't actually a charge for the delivery. The drivers get paid minimum wage (I believe) but don't have to drive their own car or use their own fuel.

I always tip. Even if I pay on my card so the pizza arrives and technically I don't have to hand over a penny, but that don't stop me handing over a few quid!!
Quote by themadness 1234
Since when did Domino's start charging a delivery fee... I don't remember that **** ever being there, when I ordered pizza today the guy said "That will be $25.60" or something, I was like.. that sounds a bit off, not that 3 bucks is a big deal I just knew it shouldn't be that much. He ran through it and said something delivery fee.

I thought that is what a ****ing tip was...

If anyone here works/delivers for domino's what is this ****? I gave the driver a normal tip since I figured this 'delivery fee' wasn't actually going to the driver.. but if it is, **** it, no more tips.

Again, I'm not being jewish, its just the principle of hidden fees, they are such ****ing bull****... on my credit cards and now my ****ing pizza.

It goes to the driver to help pay for gas. Most places have charged them for YEARS. You just don't always realize it hahaha.

When I worked as a delivery guy I never told anyone we charged a fee because then they wouldn't tip.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by imdeth

Owned by Dominos.

Looks like...

he got...

Dominowned

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
HOLY EXCLAMATION POINTS BATMAN, DELIVERIES COST MONEY!?!?!?!?! TO THE BATMOBILE, WE'LL JUST COLLECT OUR PIZZA!!!!!!!!!!!

They died in a mildly ironic car accident.

The End.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by Kensai
Looks like...

he got...

Dominowned

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Damn it! I should have thought of that!

I'm pretty sure you have a website that give you puns for every situation. Cheating Swede!
Quote by imdeth

Damn it! I should have thought of that!

I'm pretty sure you have a website that give you puns for every situation. Cheating Swede!

Noooo, it's not like that at all >.>

*Deletes browser history*
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Page 1 of 2