That's my question, my neck cracked nasty at the hell and i think i'll hav to put my guitar to rest if i cant fix it. so can i?
With much sanding, scraping, cutting, and gluing. Have fun.
Rip Kylee Harris 4.13.93-11.28.08
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
tell him that he is the drummer and that his opinions are invalid

Quote by Jim Harkins
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

Quote by mater99
so basically ur saying i can but, i hav to take it to a shop?

Basically we are saying, yes it can be done but its gonna take alot of effort and work on your part
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
so how much would u guys think it'd cost to do so? persay guitar center (i'm not considering takin it therr for ANY repair jobs, but an estimate would help)
Quote by Nevermind1299
Chop it off with an Axe
Glue another one on with Super Glue

You win!

For some reason, I am plagued by the suspicion that your choice of tools is subpar.
Quote by mater99
so how much would u guys think it'd cost to do so? persay guitar center (i'm not considering takin it therr for ANY repair jobs, but an estimate would help)

I'm not 100% sure, but it would be a fair bit. Like anywhere from $200-500.
You can do it yourself. Look at the link in my first post.
thank you littlephil but, i'd feel safer takin it to a pro to do cuz this is the best guitar i've had and i dont wanna do anyting to screw it up also, i got the same problem wit my neck, the crack looks almost exactly wat ur does
Few things.. have you tried gluing the neck back together? Its a lot easier to use wood glue + clamps to put the neck back together than removing the neck then readding it.

From what ive heard from my teacher who had his instrument in pieces but got it put back together, it would still sound great, not as good as it was, but around 95% of what the guitar originally sounded like.

How did it crack anyways?
Here's what you do: Take it to a pro and have him fix the crack.

What kinda guitar is it? That'll really determine the price.

Mahogany LP: 800 or more.

Alder: Probably a lot less.

Maple: 400 or more
It depends if its glued in like gibson then the neck can be sweated out. If they used epoxy like epi does then your gonna need some explosives to get it apart. But expect to pay some money. 500 probably.
Pictures? Of full body and all.
Ibanez S540

MXR EVH Phaser
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez WD-7
Electro Harmonix LPB-1

Traynor YCS 50 Blue