So a kid at my school died a couple of days ago. And me and my friends are doing a song for him at an assembly at the end of the month. So i want to know what song would be good to play.

Right know im leaning toward Wish you were here.

In case your wondering how he died, he went into a coma after a car accident new years day and was taken off life support Monday.
Team Coco
Play a song he liked
Supreme Commander Of The Lolcats Of the UG Army

And that guy, who had that idea, one time

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SIMIAN σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by SaintsofNowhere
Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer.

That's the sickest thing I've laughed at recently. But I agree, a song that he liked. If I were there, I would quite enjoy Wish You Were Here, but not everyone likes Floyd. Even though they should.
time of your life
maybe wonderwall?
(cliche I know, and idk if they'd be all that tastefull)
... wrote
the funny thing about those ads is, if i could steal a car at the comfort of my own computer in my own house, i would.

Quote by MyDesertRose
Ahahaha TS just got gobsmacked.
Well played Wicked Rose
Metallica - Creeping Death.
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
Tears in heaven?

oh.. yes i know..

The spirit carries on... by Dream Theater.. trust me.. this one will do =]
try finding a song with alot of diminished sounding chords and progressions.
and also, make sure its not a fake depressing song (where it goes diminished and then major all of a sudden)
repentance - dream theater is a good example, except thats prob not rly the same topic
Quote by Boogie Man
Play a song he liked

that is exactly what i was thinking. find out what his favorite band was, and see if you can do a song by them.
What style of music are you thinking of?

Just off the top of my head, I think some Alkaline Trio might be good, maybe songs like "If We Never Go Inside" or "Goodbye Forever." But that might not be the style/feel/whatever that you were going for.

Or like other people are saying; play his favorite song. If you do this, make sure to introduce it as such, eg. "This was _______'s favorite song."
kill all humans
RIP your freind

i think something he liked but if you still not sure maybe one of these?

Shot in the dark - Ozzy Ozbourne
Always somewhere - Scorpions
One - Metallica

yeah im a metalhead and i'm not joking with One it's alot easier then you think but if it's at the end of the month don't worry it takes time to master the other two are easy
You should write a song in memory of him, if he was a good friend.
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
Quote by seanfysco
We were told to stick to acoustic songs.

In light of this, I have a couple new suggestions.

An all-acoustic version of Where Is My Mind by The Pixies would be pretty good, methinks. Some Radiohead could also go over pretty well. Maybe Something In The Way by Nirvana? Also, they're not too well-known, but Indian Moon by State Radio could be very nice.

As a side note, I saw your sig. Are you in Seattle?
kill all humans
Quote by alaskan_ninja

As a side note, I saw your sig. Are you in Seattle?

Yes i am
Team Coco
Quote by seanfysco
Yes i am

Seattle? You are required to do Nirvana Unplugged. I'm thinking "Something In The Way" or "Where Did You Sleep Last Night".
Quote by Crazymike100

You disgust me.

Quote by jack_off_joel
bro u are definately gay

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
A backstabbin' bitch who calls himself the 'oracle'?

Quote by 100%guitarmad
I AM GOING TO HAVE TO REFER TO THE FIRST QUOTE IN YOUR SIGNATURE

UG loves me so much. Do you?

MY NAME IS JACOB. CALL ME THAT.
Quote by seanfysco
Yes i am

Cool, I'm at UW. I think I heard about said accident on the news a little while ago actually. So sad

And I agree with the guy above me also. Something In The Way is my final choice. Unless your friend hated the song/band, of course.
kill all humans
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Cool, I'm at UW. I think I heard about said accident on the news a little while ago actually. So sad

And I agree with the guy above me also. Something In The Way is my final choice. Unless your friend hated the song/band, of course.

Ive known him since elementary school he was also in scouts with me way back when its hard to believe hes gone.

Something in the way sounds pretty good.
Team Coco
Quote by seanfysco
Ive known him since elementary school he was also in scouts with me way back when its hard to believe hes gone.

Something in the way sounds pretty good.

I'm sorry...

Now I want to cry
kill all humans
Upward Over The Mountain by Iron & Wine perhaps.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Another One Bites the Dust
Abbreviated version:
Quote by Lots of People

Quote by :.FireStorm.:
+1 Maus24

:.FireStorm.: - #15 poster in the thread, #1 in my heart.

o _o
/###############
|###############
\###############

Member #6 of the "Shoop da Whoop" club
pm C.C. Deville to join