So I got all 4 of my wisdom teeth out this morning. None impacted but I was still scared as shift. Everyone has been hyping it up to be the most miserable thing ever.... with they're... puffy cheeks... and... vicodin... and bed rest for days....

Let me tell you after the novicaine had worn off a good... 2 hours after my surgery I was up doing everything I normally do. I haven't slept, I cleaned my room, unlocked and jailbroken a few iPhones, showered, but sadly haven't played guitar yet. I've consumed a total of 2 cans of soup, woah I just sneezed and thats scary (but more on that in a minute), 2 eggs, a cup of chocolate pudding, and my girlfriend brought me some Jamba Juice. What is the point of this? I'm not really sure. But that's what the pit's for, right? We'll just call it a "Wisdom Teeth Extraction Review;

I woke up, dreaded going to the doctor. I haven't had any sort of surgery since my hernia when I was 5 so I didn't really know what to expect. I watched a few videos on YouTube and read some articles on Wiki but those only made me more paranoid. I arrived, filled out the papers, handed them $700 dollars in cash and I was underway.
I lay back in the seat, laughing hysterically because I think the human body is the grossest/weirdest thing ever. I told the nurse it felt like there is no possible way I am going to fall asleep. I mean, I'm concious about it, wide awake, and it's just not going to happen. After the doctor stuck the oxygen in my mouth and put the IV in (which is by far the worst part of it. SOOOOOOOOOOOO gross.) He giggled and said 'Oh you will!:
I felt a slight warm sensation in my right arm and he told me to count back from 100.

After what seemed like 3 more seconds, I woke up in a different chair with no knowledge of how I got there or who anybody was. I somehow made it to the car and slept the 10 minutes until I got home. I played checkers on my phone for about 2 hours and then I was up, feeling buttery as ever, aside from the once-white gauze in my mouth, which was now red as Satan.

The worst part of this was by far feeling the 1/8 inch tube going into my arm, aside from that, I'm fine. No swelling, no pain, I now have enough Loratab to make me a good chunk of cash on the street. I read that eggs are a recommended meal. Absolutely disgusting right now. I found soup a lot more appetizing. I would eat what I'm craving the most right now, a fat cheeseburger or some pizza, especially after reading someones post about it. But I am deathly afraid of something they call dry sockets.
These are apparently where the scab where the tooth was, is lost. Sucked out of place by drinking from a straw, smoking, sneezing, coughing, being knocked loose by solid foods, etc, leaving BONE and NERVES exposed, causing EXTREME pain.
& That's scary.

I gotta go take the garbage out and clean my mess in the kitchen. I hope everyone in UG that has to have this done has a good experience as I've had. If anyone has any questions or concerns feel free to ask!

Peace!
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

My band: avenueofembers.com
Quote by neverspoiled
thank you stevenpollock..
the only Pit-head thats not a douche bag...right now anyway
=)
Last edited by stevenpollock at Jan 7, 2009,
Ducks taste good.
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

Quote by neverspoiled
=)
I just remember that I went to my college classes after getting mine out, and thanks to the pills, I was floating across campus the whole time.

It was so much fun.... until they took the pills away.
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
I had mine out two weeks ago and I agree about the worst part being the IV. They gave me laughing gas then put me to sleep, and I just remember waking up in a different place dazed and confused. No swelling, no pain at all. The bloody gauze pads are a bit of inconvenience.

Don't eat anything really solid for a few days. I've heard terrible things about dry socket and that the pain from it can last for months. A burger's not worth it. But two days later I was eating pork so just be patient.

The whole experience for me was just lots of grogginess, sleeping, liquids (and pissing), and fun painkillers like oxycodone.
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
Sell me the pills.
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
Quote by Zeppelin256
I had mine out two weeks ago and I agree about the worst part being the IV. They gave me laughing gas then put me to sleep, and I just remember waking up in a different place dazed and confused. No swelling, no pain at all. The bloody gauze pads are a bit of inconvenience.

Don't eat anything really solid for a few days. I've heard terrible things about dry socket and that the pain from it can last for months. A burger's not worth it. But two days later I was eating pork so just be patient.

The whole experience for me was just lots of grogginess, sleeping, liquids (and pissing), and fun painkillers like oxycodone.
oxycodone? lucky. all i was given antibiotics and loratab and all they do is make in like a... sedative state. I had a nerve exposed in my top left wisdom tooth, which is the main reason i got them taken out. I hit it while eating a nilla wafer and if a dry socket is anything like that... i wont eat a burger for 6 months.
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

Quote by neverspoiled
=)
Quote by bloodycomfort
Sell me the pills.

$2 a pop! loratab 7.5's
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

Quote by neverspoiled
=)
Quote by stevenpollock
$2 a pop! loratab 7.5's

selling drugs may be against the guidelines... in that case. this is a jk
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

Quote by neverspoiled
=)
i only read the first line, i don't read books unless its something i enjoy. anyways i have to get mine out in a month or so before i can ship out to basic training. i'm not looking forward to it.